Front Recovery Points - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 6th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Art Vigil
Arthur Vigil
None

John,
FWIW,
I'll be down at Rockware next week (the 13th) if there is anything I can do to help, (?) just let me know.

Regards,
'95 RRC - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'72 Series III 88" NADA Turner 2.25 petrol (Lovely Rita)
'95 RRC Brooklands/TWR Edition 3.9V8
'97 D90SW NAS #2426 - 3.9V8 Rimmer Supercharged!
'95 D90ST NAS#2620 - Original owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2004, 02:31 AM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

John, Sorry for not answering your email last week. I spoke with Matt at RW about the install, and you got it right. It seems that the Scorpion shackles work better for flat plate installs than for square tubes. I really appreciate your going through the effort.

Also, thanks to all for the thoughts on the swivel hoist eyes too. Sad to say, that even after all that discussion, I decided to go with the stock mounts. It was mostly for lack of time to do more research and ordering. Not too tough to mod it later, though, if I run out of other mods to do.

With some luck, I'll have the bumper installed for the GWNF trip. Art, I hope you DON'T see my bumper there next week because it'll be on a truck headed east! EAGER!

Thanks again, John, and sorry for no replying by email earlier.
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:52 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

FYI - Multiple threads on this topic have now been merged together.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2004, 03:07 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Hey all

I read this thread, but still don't have a clear answer to what's a strong enough (yet affordable) solution to a front recovery point on a d90 with a stock bumber and brush bar.

It has vertical mounting holes on the frame that the bumper/brsuh guard mount to, but the bolts are puny. There are horizontal holes with a tube inside on the bottom of the front frame railes - could I attach big D rings to that - those hles are a bit small too? Or am I supposed to drill holes in the frame for one of those meat hooks?

thanks
charles
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:23 PM
rr1
john
1997 D-90

This is an old thread, but I was hoping to revive it and get an answer on what type of front recovery point I can set up with a stock bumper. I don't need it on the bumper per say, but what can I attach to the front frame, bumper, etc. to serve as a decent recovery point? Thanks in advance.
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:34 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I ended up getting jate rings until I added a front skid which then required removing them (but I had a rockware bumper with recovery points by that time). They mount directly to the frame horns.
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
I've got Jate rings, plenty strong enough unless you go for it with a KER rope. A bridle between the two adds peace of mind though.
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:01 PM
mjekogian
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST

Registry
i have a set of Jate rings I will be selling now that I have the ARB bumper since they wont fit now. they are in great shape.
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:30 PM
hamiamham
mike
97 D-90

i got my jate rings from dap-inc.com at a very reasonable price. there is a spot on the frame where they fit into. only suggestion i have it to have a long bridle - say 6+ feet - from each and then attach the two ends to whatever you are using for a tow rope.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
cover