front pinion angle ?? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 12th, 2005, 03:25 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
front pinion angle ??

Can someone here with an angle finder let me know what the stock pinion angle is on there truck? I would like to know what the angle is when you put the angle finder against the flat spot on the bottom of the 3rd member? IF someone does not understand where I mean, I can take a pic. I would like to get this from a fairly stock truck with not much lift if possible but I will take anything right now...
I want to get a base line of what stock is before I start screwing with mine with the 3-link. I forgot to take an initial measurement before taking it apart .
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I don't get the problem. If you have a front CV shaft, just point it right at the angle of the shaft minus 1.5 degrees or so. Am I missing something??

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old February 13th, 2005, 08:11 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I know but I am still interested in the stock angle. Then you know that your caster is perfect. I want to set mine to stock and then work from there. As you go up you raise yoru caster angle so less is better as long as you have no vibration. Can anyone help?
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2005, 05:21 PM
redrover

Randy if you have a double cardon you need to point diff up as dave spec. I have mine set up like that. But i did experiment with the stock driveshaft once. With the stock style drive line you want the angle of the yokes on the transfer case and diff to be in parallel. You can easily do this with the 3link. The problem in my case was that the drive shaft sat against the HD cross member when I had the camber adjusted correctly. So On my truck it didnot work. JP
Old April 11th, 2005, 02:01 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Just for your guys knowledge when I had my front end aligned today, the guy checked my castor and said it was perfect at 4.5 positive on each wheel. It steers great with no vibs from the driveline either.
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Randy I will be setting mine up soon & I am going to try to run a stock ds. Just waiting for tierod ends.
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:21 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
How much lift do you have?
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:31 PM
byrdseye
Bruce Byrd
99 D1

What angle did you end up with...........as measured with an angle finder on the bottom of the rockguard? I just finished my install yesterday and haven't found the magic "no vibe with enough castor setting yet!

Thanks,
Bruce
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Randy, it is posta be 2.5.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions