Front Mud Flap Mounting - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 8th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Keith Zack
Front Mud Flap Mounting

I have an '84 90 that is used regularly in off road conditions which is great, but when returning to "civilization" the side of the truck is covered in mud and dirt. Although it may seem "cool" to have the side of the truck dirty, I really can't stand it.

So I did buy a pair of front mud flaps (presumably from a NAS) and need to know if I must drill holes in the outriggers? The angle of the metal mounting piece on the mudflaps matches the angle of the outrigger, but the mudflaps have three or four holes and the outriggers have none. Really didn't want to drill holes in the outriggers.

Also, even with these mud flaps mounted, there would still be a gap between the top of the mud flap and the bottom of the wheel arch that would allow depris to pass through. Anyone ever do anything about that?

Thanks, Keith

Old February 8th, 2011, 03:05 PM
1994 D90 300tdi #730, SIII 88
The LR flap kits I have bought come with rivnuts which you drill the holes for.
I wish someone would make a complete rubber/plastic inner fender well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

mount, mud