Freebie...nada...zilch Bestop rear bench seat - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 10th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500
Freebie...nada...zilch Bestop rear bench seat

So, lets say I got one of these for CJ in great condition from a buddies garage and the dry fit looks good but with the brackets it seems really low. Has anyone done this and raised the seat? I looked the old threads and DJ's rear seat sits quite a bit higher and wondering if that is LR bracketry? Is there a place to look for bracketry or is it custom fab time?

Old March 10th, 2006, 01:10 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
I too looked into this and from what I could tell the brackets were indeed lifting the bench. Personally I like the lifted seat becasue my legs are more comfortable at a 90 degree angle when sitting rather than being forced into my chest like the CJ seat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

bench, bestop