Fox shocks leaking... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 17th, 2006, 12:45 AM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

Fox shocks leaking...

So the Fox remote resevior shocks are leaking. Any ideas on what sort of place to take it to get this remedied? Or do I need to call Greg at SG and talk to them to find out?

Or does this mean they're toast and I need new ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Shane@EVS
Roverhybrids

they are rebuildable, You should be able to find someone in your area to rebuild them or you could rebuild them yourself. Sorry I'm not more help.........

but have you seen the D110 hi-cap project I'm working on now?
Old March 17th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Kevin, you may want to try some motocross places and ATV places. Allot of those places rebuild the shocks for Dirt bikes and ATVs and they may be able to rebuild them for you. I may have to rebuild mine this summer so if you end up rebuilding them yourself I would be interested to hear how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

K, I would call fox & ask them to recomend a rebuilder if you don't want to. Getting these things charged is a pain in the ass for me.
Old March 17th, 2006, 03:03 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Fox will also rebuild them direct. I should say they used to offer the service

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old March 18th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

How old are they? Depending on the answer, you can drain the oil and put in ATF oil which will cause the seals to expand, leak solved. They might not need to be rebuilt. And, charging is a piece of cake. Anybody with a nitrogen bottle can do it.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

David perhaps for you!! I hunted for 2 weeks to find a guy to do that!
Old March 18th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Sorry about that. If you were closer, you could ship the shocks to me and I can do them for you. I had to spring for the nitrogen setup for my airshocks. In the future, if you want you can buy the hose from polyperformance for like $40 or so and then go to any welding shop when you need them charged.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old March 19th, 2006, 03:38 AM
m.olivares
marc olivares

fox will do the work on them.
i had Brandon replace a housing on one of mine just a few months back, after i mushroomed one of the ends.

i've also had one of my remote res lines leak at the o-ring on the shock body. you might check there first.
that's an easy fix. new oring new oil and charge....
Old March 19th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

David, thank you for the offer!! I have some o2 tanks & a regulator too fab my own setup but directing my efforts into a ground up on my cousins 90

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions