Fox/Bilstein shock questions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 18th, 2009, 08:46 PM
d90dan
Dan Berry
1995 D90

Fox/Bilstein shock questions

Anyone know the extended/compressed length of this shock?
Fox

I'm working on my front suspension and want to use Fox, but I'm having a hard time finding the right lengths. Well unless I cut and weld, which I'm not opposed to just need to get it done quick.

I did find the bilstein 7100 10" SB is just about right using Disco II uppers and an eyelet adapter on the bottom. I'm running RR rear springs up front and my max acceptable compressed length of 17", so 14.3 compressed + ~1.5" for the adapter will work. The springs fall out ~28" extended and this shock should be about 25.8 max extended with adapter. Any thoughts? Advice on 7100 shock valving for the 180lb spring rate on a ST?

Thanks!

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

If you go to the Fox website, they have a pdf file in the offroad shock section with all of the compressed/extended lengths of the 2.0 non-coilover shocks (also all their others). If you find what you want order it from polyperformance. AA manufacturing makes brackets for converting the fox shox to allow it to be mounted into a location requiring a stem shock.
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Treuwer
Trae Reuwer
94 D90

The AA website was difficult for me to navigate

Is this the right part?

What do you then do with the res? Will it all fit inside the coil... I need to go measure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

On the A&A site - look up aa-501. That with carriage bolt and welder - cheaper.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bilstein