Fox 2.0 Performance Series - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:01 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Fox 2.0 Performance Series

Anyone running these shocks?

I need to replace my springs and shocks all around (shocking). Plenty of info on OME, OEM, and TF suspensions, even some on the remote reservoir Fox products but I can't find anything on their latest (?) offering.

RN kit

Also I am getting some vibration in reverse and some at startoff and I think my prop shafts may be struggling a bit with the angles on my current +2 setup.

Currently running 33" Tires with spacers, I presume if I lower the truck to stock height my wheels will be too large but I can't be 100% sure. Shocks I have now are shot completely and providing minimal dampening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:34 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

I love the Fox setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 09:37 AM
CMSgt Bo
Bo
1985 One Ten

I've been running them with OME 2" medium duty springs for the past two years. No complaints here.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2017, 09:56 AM
AdamSanta85
Adam
91' D90 200TDI

Registry
Call RN about them. I could have sworn they had some kind of issue with them. I originally wanted these but they steered me towards to the Bilstein. I just can't remember why.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I replaced the rears on my classic with these as I had blown a OME, figured these were made in muricuh. I ended up sending one back as it was built upside-down
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:30 AM
modernbeat
Jason McDaniel
2-Door Diesel RRC

As a motorsports professional (I engineer roadracing cars), and having opened up a number of current Fox and RideTech (built by Fox) models, there is no way I'd pay for them.

Bilstein is doing the best job of building longevity into their shocks. If you are going to buy HD yellows or Sports, expect about 50k miles of street use. 5100 or 5165-style, about the same mileage, but better for offroad use.

FWIW, I change shocks when I change tires. They wear out about the same time.

------ Follow up post added September 22nd, 2017 10:30 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4 View Post
I replaced the rears on my classic with these as I had blown a OME, figured these were made in muricuh. I ended up sending one back as it was built upside-down
Not made in America any more.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
series