fluid change on a ZF4HP22 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 30th, 2005, 10:23 AM
D90_Camel
jesper Overgaard

fluid change on a ZF4HP22

Hi all,

I'm about to change all the fluids on the 98 D90 including the transmission. From reading my workshop manual I understand that its a pretty big Job it even mentions that I need to remove the cats to get the job done. It would be a great help to hear your experiences on this matter.

kind regards
Jesper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2005, 11:45 PM
mhansen
Mike Hansen
97 D-90 SW #2243

Never done it , but maybe this will help
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trans Flushing.pdf (82.9 KB, 273 views)
Old May 31st, 2005, 11:51 PM
solihul
Rover

you changing the filters or the fluids?

The fluids on ever single part of a Defender are easy access. The tranny filter is a bit of a problem though. Did you read your owners manual?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2005, 04:41 AM
D90_Camel
jesper Overgaard

thanks for the replies, I have read my manual and as I wrote it looks complicated. I wanted to skip the filterchange, but according to the servicesheet this must be done every 40K km/ 24month, and mine is past that. I was thinking about taking it to a dealer but there are only 3 NAS'es in Denmark so the Land Rover dealers don't have a great deal of experience with this type. Futhermore Land Rover Denmark charges 150$ /hour for service so I would prefer to avoid that. Do you guys take your automatic Defenders to the dealer for filterchange , or do you simply drive with the same filter??

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions