Flasher Relay Part Number for 97 d90? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
Flasher Relay Part Number for 97 d90?

Need to replace the flasher relay, before I pull the console apart I'd like to buy the part. Does anyone know what the part number is?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKilo23 View Post
Need to replace the flasher relay, before I pull the console apart I'd like to buy the part. Does anyone know what the part number is?

Thanks.
According to this Post: CF13GL-02

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:28 PM
KKilo23
Kenny
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew

Registry
Scott thanks, I think that is for the LED conversion though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2010, 09:45 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

The only difference between an LED-compatable relay and the stock relay is the lack of a burn-out sensor on the flasher circuit. The burn-out sensor looks for a drop in current caused by a burnt-out bulb and flashes the blinkers more quickly to alert the driver to the burn-out. The LEDs use less current and trips that circuit.

I'm running an LED compatible relay with a mix of LEDs and incandescents and it works fine.

For what it's worth, the CF13GL-02 didn't work in my 1994 truck. Whenever I engaged the turn signal, both sides would blink, as if I had the hazards on.

I ended up buying an LED-compatible relay from Auto Zone that works. That said, the relay I bought refused to blink when I was running LEDs front and rear. I had to revert to incandescents in the rear to get enough current draw to trip the relay.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, d90, part, relay