Fish tailing rear coming off the gas... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 11th, 2004, 10:28 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Unhappy Fish tailing rear coming off the gas...

Well it figures. We meet up with Ken and now I have his bad karma...

After a long day on the trail, coming home I noticed ( as did my passenger) the rear of the truck is fish tailing when I come off the gas when at 35+. Very pronounced at 60+mph. Lockers aren't engaged of course and the TC is in the right spot. Just changed all fluids about 1500K ago and everything "looked" fine in diffs and in TC.

The suspension seems straight. No banging or other noise. No gear whine. Everything looks and feels tight.

Any ideas? The only thing original on my truck at this point is the TC. But it seemed to operate well all day on the trail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2004, 10:52 AM
redrover

link bushing maybe?
Old July 11th, 2004, 11:34 AM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90

Yea I agree with the link bushings, I have had that same exact problem so i put the truck in the driveway (which is sloped) but a block behind 1 wheel at a time and then let the truck roll up on it to see what was loose. Turns out for me at least my front bushings on the rear lower link have too much play in them.
I also checked tire pressure, and my differential just to make sure they were right.
Dennis

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
gas