Finding D-90's at Land Rover Dealers????? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
wadaman
Glenn Wada
97 D-90 #1257

Finding D-90's at Land Rover Dealers?????

Anyone know if there is a way to do a search of Land Rover Dealers with D-90's in stock? I find them thru Autotrader, but there's got to be a better way! Looking for a 97 D-90 ST Alpine White. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2008, 07:45 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Surely there must be a better way than finding them at LR dealers? They usually ask a premium for them, and if you don't mind paying top dollar, just go to Copley or Park City and get condition that is commensurate with price. Otherwise, just start meeting people, hanging out on the boards and putting out feelers, and the right truck will find you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 20th, 2008, 08:51 PM
AggieD90
Kevin Collins
'95 AA Yellow & '97 Willow Green

+1 for Copley. Just tell Stuart (or Keith) what you want and they'll get it for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I found mine at "Specialty" exotic car dealer of all places. Parked next to Aston-Martins, Maybachs, and Bentleys. I paid a premium, but not an ounce of rust on it!

Semper Fi!
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Surely there must be a better way than finding them at LR dealers? They usually ask a premium for them, and if you don't mind paying top dollar, just go to Copley or Park City and get condition that is commensurate with price. Otherwise, just start meeting people, hanging out on the boards and putting out feelers, and the right truck will find you.
Feeler: I am looking for a 94 arles blue st. If anyone here has any advice or suggestions I would appreciate it.
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:37 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Most LR dealers seem to use getauto.com for their used inventory.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:39 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

land Rover Gwinnett in atlanta ga has a white d90 ST with lots of off road kit. I think it is a 1995. don't know the price.
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:12 AM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

I bought mine at Copley and was very happy with the whole experience I did check out a D-90 at an LR dealer, but to be honest the salesman knew nothing about Defenders.....Buy from someone who knows them
I get my truck serviced at British Rover in Pompano Beach, FL and they have an ever changing Defender inventory well worth a look.

http://www.britrover.com/
Old August 21st, 2008, 09:41 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

You might get lucky like i did and get it at a Chevy dealer.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old August 21st, 2008, 02:21 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedrover
You might get lucky like i did and get it at a Chevy dealer.
I bought one several years ago at a local ford dealer, the po traded it in on a sporttrac. Truck had lockers winch lights and more. Dealer didn't know what they had.
Old August 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
When I was looking for mine there was a 1994 Arles ST at a Toyota PA dealership with I think 80K miles going for 19K.
I was away for the weekend and didn't see the post on Autotrader till late that Sunday.
I can only assume they didn't know what they had. It was in okay condition (a little rust) from the pictures posted and a clean carfax. You know I was ready to drive down there the next day.
Sure enough when I called that Monday morning, someone bought it sight unseen over the weekend . Apparently it only took a few hours to sell. Sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time

On Long Island, there is a waiting list they have at the Land Rover dealerships (they are all connected)
When one comes in on a trade, they are reconditioned and sold almost immediately. I tried that route at first (waiting list), but before I could get to see one, the salesperson said it sold already.

I would of loved to get a Copley, Park City or Brit Rover one, but those babies were way out of my price range.

I got mine on ebay, and boy was I jittery till the very end that someone would overbid me at the last moment. I waited a while for another Arles ST to come around.
Old August 21st, 2008, 04:24 PM
minorthreat
Lance
1997 LE, 1997 Black ST

I bought my first 97 ST at an Infinity dealer in San Diego a few years ago. It was a very clean truck w/ 65k miles. I bought it pretty much sight unseen for like 23k. Oh.. and that is when I lived in Ohio. I found it Friday morning and flew out Saturday morning and was driving it by Saturday afternoon. My friend flew out the next day and we ended up taking a pretty epic road trip back to Ohio with quite a few stops along the way.

Sometimes you can just get lucky. Through my constant trolling on the net, I've come across some really good trucks at good prices just about as soon as they've been posted. But I haven't always been it the market for one and/or had the cash to pull the trigger at that moment.
Old August 21st, 2008, 05:01 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Cred:
I believe that Land Rover Nashville (615-986-6000) has one for sale in Arles Blue. Ask for Kelly Graham. He is a member here. Tell him I sent you.

I did not get to look around at it, so I cannot vouch for the truck.

Regarding purchasing for a dealer:
I have had such good experience with my local dealer, that I arranged for them to buy the truck since I was buying the truck sight unseen with the contingency that if it was what I expected, that I will buy it and they could make $1000.00 for the trouble. If it was not what I expected, I was off the hook for the truck and they could sell it to someone else.

It also assured that the truck was covered by their backing it up after the sell.

It really worked out win-win for me.

Dendy
Old August 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
mdmccallum
Mike
'97 Defender 90 SW

I got mine from the dealer in Albuquerque. I didn't pay a penny over TOP DOLLAR.

The nice thing about the dealers is that you get a 1yr warranty if it is Land Rover Certified. I don't think you get this with non-Land Rover Dealers. You can buy one but why? And the 1yr warranty is not that long so cost from the dealership is pretty high
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:09 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi
land Rover Gwinnett in atlanta ga has a white d90 ST with lots of off road kit. I think it is a 1995. don't know the price.
I believe that it is 45K...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/ctd/793518111.html

Old August 21st, 2008, 11:37 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleRover
Cred:
I believe that Land Rover Nashville (615-986-6000) has one for sale in Arles Blue. Ask for Kelly Graham. He is a member here. Tell him I sent you.

I did not get to look around at it, so I cannot vouch for the truck.

Dendy
Thanks for the tip. I will call and find out about the truck.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

What did ya find out on that truck!

Dendy
Old August 24th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Dendy
You are the man! The Pics of the truck look great. It needs a little TLC and a few extra mods, and some small cosmetic stuff but it is a great find for us. Rock ware bumper and sliders, down south skid plates (I think, yellow in color) My wife saw the first couple pics that Kelly sent and said, "That's our truck." Looks like I will have an arles our driveway soon.
Thanks for the awesome tip. Dealing with Kelly has been fantastic. Put my deposit down Friday. Paperwork should be in the mail and in my possession this week.
I owe you a beer the next time I come down to Nashville! I do some lectures at Meharry from time to time. I look forward to meeting you sometime in the future and thanking you in person.
Old August 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM
snurp
Keith Kuboske
94 D90 ST Arles Blue

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call. I bought the D-90 from Land Rover Nashville about a year ago. Liked it so much hated to take it off road, so bought a heavily modded Defender to take on off road trips. Ended up with five cars again for two people, so decided the least used defender had to go. Put Southdown guards all around in yellow and a Outback winch on it and had an extensive seal job to stop most of the leaks that the D-90 is famous for. You got a good truck, the one time I took it off road was the last. It was just to nice to beet up in the woods. Thanks dendy for passing on the word.
K Kuboske
Snurp
Old August 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
NashvilleRover
Dendy Jarrett
2009 LR3- Well Built

Clarence, I forgot this was Keith's truck! You did get a good truck.
And, Keith is a great guy as well! You will enjoy wrapping up the deal with Kelly. He is the real deal and his blood runneth green!
Glad I was paying attention for once and glad to help.
Dendy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, d-90