Fiberglass Top Ailment... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 23rd, 2006, 07:52 PM
97 SW
Unhappy Fiberglass Top Ailment...

Putting the fiberglass top back on the ST for the winter and the four bolt metal strip glued to one of the side window panels has conveniently detached itself.

I've tried a couple of different adhesives to no avail as the bolt strip comes off as soon as the end back window panel nuts are even lightly snugged down.

Does anyone have an adhesive recommendation that would hold the bolt strip on securely?

Old October 24th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Adam Knox
95 ST AA Yellow
Have your tried gorilla glue? Just mask off the surrounding area because it expands as it dries.

Old October 24th, 2006, 08:32 AM
'97 D-90 ST #1507
Same thing happend to one of mine a fews ago. I used a 2 part epoxy and some quick clamps. It's still holding on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

fiber, fiberglass, fiberglass top, glass