Fiberglass hardtop tool - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 27th, 2004, 04:08 PM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

Fiberglass hardtop tool

Anyone know where I can pick up the "special tool" for removing and installing the fiberglass hardtop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

If you're referring to the tool included with the top, I didn't use one. I thought it was simply for fastening the bolts - you can use a socket wrench.
Old March 27th, 2004, 10:04 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It consists of nothing more than a 10mm socket at the end of a spring attached to a screwdriver handle. I assume the spring (aside from being flexible) provides the desired "give" which prevents over-tightening. A fun addition to the toolbox, but otherwise superflouous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2004, 08:44 PM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

Thanks guys. I printed off the instructions from this site and it refers to this special tool. Didn't know if it was a must have or not.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
fiber, fiberglass, glass, hardtop