Fiberglass hardtop Mounting - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 10th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Michael Jekogian
1997/ Defender ST
Fiberglass hardtop Mounting

I have searched everywhere. Does anyone have an Idea of where I can find the mounting bolts for the fiberglass hardtop. I just purchased a top and it did not come with them. I am looking for Stainless if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Also if anyone has advance on repair or mods to the top I would love to see and hear them the top I bought is broken through on the sides and the top panel needs the typical reinforcing at the spot were it mates to the external cage. I am considering sanding down, reglassing, and gel coating but want to know if there are better options.

Thanks again.

Old December 10th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
When you get the top new it comes with stainless fasteners. The good thing is that most of it not is custom. You can order everything you need from

The instructions below have the correct inventory of fasteners, you'll have to order in bulk packages of 25 or so, so you'll have extras. The only thing that you might have to make is the "washer plates" but those you can cut out of sheet metal with snips or a metal brake. They are also stainless.

As far as the "special tool" is concerned - its just a screwdriver handle with a flexi shaft and a 10mm socket on the end that prevents you from over torquing the nuts. You can actually get one at Sears.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

fiber, fiberglass, glass, hardtop, mount