Fault Code 45? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 19th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Troy Smith
1995 D90 SW
Fault Code 45?

My 95 D90 sw is giving me a Fault Code 45. My manuals tell me 45 and 46 are the O2 sensors. Is 45 the drivers side or passenger side? One manual tells me it is the right side but is that looking at the truck or sitting in the truck? Maybe my brain is just not working today!

Old October 19th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
If you have not then I would say reset and wait for it to happen again, if it does then I would try unplugging the passenger side O2 sensor, if you get another fault then I would say it is the driver side that is bad, but this is just a guess.

Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel
Old October 20th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor
Yes, codes 44 and 45 are O2 sensor codes. I think code 45 is drivers side, but I wouldn't swear to it. Keep in mind that 14CUX is a very basic fuel management system that needs some interpretation. A code 45 means that the ECU could not adjust the fueling to it's liking on that bank. It does not necessarily mean a bad O2 sensor, there could be an ignition misfire, air leak, exhaust leak, etc. that can trip the fault. I would look closely at the ignition system for any sign of misfiring as well as tightening the connector pins in the O2 sensor plugs...they are known to get loose and cause intermittent connections.
Cheers, Rob

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions