Fastback Top with Full Rollcage? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 9th, 2005, 02:02 AM
D90JMUR
Jim Murray
1997 Defender 90

Question Fastback Top with Full Rollcage?

FASTBACK Top with Full Rollcage???

Is it possible to install and use a "Fastback" Bestop Top with the Full Soft Top Rollcage?

Has anyone adapted a Fastback top to fit? Cutting holes for the cage bars, etc?

The "Fastback" top that I am describing can be seen on pics at posting entitled "FAST BACK Bows and fabrication" on 3/23/05 by PaulB

Any suggestions (especially pics) or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 9th, 2005, 11:42 PM
D90JMUR
Jim Murray
1997 Defender 90

Basically, I am looking for a cheap and simple way to create a half-cab top with a tonnue cover to cover the back area. I want something I can take on and off quick and easy, that covers the entire cab from rain if necessary.
Any help or suggestions would be awesome!
Old October 10th, 2005, 06:56 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

i removed the rear roll cage and had a badger top ect fitted.they fitted corner pieces so i can still fit the roll cage .
see this thread for picture
Half Cab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2005, 08:53 PM
D90JMUR
Jim Murray
1997 Defender 90

Any other advice?

Anyone have other suggestions for a half cab? What about a bikini and a drop curtain?
Old October 12th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Krna
Andy Krna
1997 D-90 ST AA Yellow

Bikini and Drop curtain is what I have but be prepared to still get wet in the rain and cold if you live anywhere it is cold. There is a gap that is open between the rollcage and the window, as well as a small slit where the drop curtain meets the bikini snaps above your head.
Old October 13th, 2005, 04:51 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Hi Jim,

I don't think it's possible to use the fastback top with the full roll cage. You will definitely have to do some pretty serious cutting and modification. The fastback top has a bow attachment that fastens to the safari cage after removing the two side bars. This piece is pretty important as it keeps the roof from sagging in the rear, making it virtually impossible to see out of the back window without it. If you are interested in the fastback top...just bite the bullet and remove the rear safari cage (rear hope, bow, and side pieces). I have a fastback setup and I love it. I never use the rear tub for anything other than hauling my gear around. However, if you want to have passengers back there...it's impossible with the fastback setup...unless you remove the top. It is also ridiculously easier to remove the whole top. I can put my fastback top on in about 3 minutes...the full softop setup takes much longer. The fastback is also a little more friendly in the winter because the cabin heats up much quicker.

Just my $0.02...

Brian

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, cage