Fancy Intercooler and Rad hoses? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 12th, 2009, 10:06 AM
83 110
Fancy Intercooler and Rad hoses?

Any opinions on whether the silicone hose kits for the rad and intercooler are worth buying fron the UK? It looks like they would be in the $350-400 range.

Old February 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
I get the feeling they're not worth buying at all. They might be a bit sweet looking, but its easy to go nuts like this when you do an install. Having done it once, I think its better to put together the stock (used where possible) stuff and get it running. After you see what's up, then you can make the changes you think are necessary. I'll show you my 800-dollar nuclear-grade stainless fuel system in the yellow truck sometime if you want to see a great example of needlessly over-doing it. Honestly all it does is slow down the project and make extra expense.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions