False Gauge Readings - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Henry Stinson
'73 Series III SWB '84 110 tdi
False Gauge Readings

Any hints on why my temp gauge reads higher and my volt meter lower with the heater blower motor on? I pulled off the highway today thinking I was on the verge of overheating my 300 tdi - scary moment. Turning off the blower motor lowered the temps. Turning the gauge lights off dropped them even lower into the normal operating range.

Old August 18th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor
I'd say you have a loose ground somewhere.
Rob Dassler
SWR Automotive
505-872-7818 (shop)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions