Fairlead rollers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 15th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Fairlead rollers

I purchased some new plastic delrin fairlead rollers from Rovers Accessories and for some reason they do not fit. I have a ARB winch bumber and upgraded to a synthetic winch line. I have a Warn 9000 winch. For what ever reason the vertical rollers fit perfect, but the horizontal rollers are about a 1/2 too long. What is the best way to cut these rollers down? Should I sand them using a belt sander or try to cut them? Any info or suggestions would be very helpful. I am going on a trip this weekend that will probaly require my winch.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike Lynch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I would use a bandsaw and coolant. By far the easiest way to get a straight cut.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Captain Spalding
Captain Spalding

If you don't have access to a bandsaw, a hacksaw is fine, followed up with the belt sander or even a sanding block to clean it up. However you clamp it, try not to mar the surface. Maybe use a strap wrench to clamp it to a 2x4 and then hack away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Defender13
Mike Lynch
1994 Defender 90 #1017

Thanks for your help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions