Extended Warranty - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 11th, 2005, 02:16 PM
WestTexasDefender
Sam Allen
'97 LE #234

Question Extended Warranty

I am about to get my 90 and was wondering what warranty company you guys use through Land Rover. Also how long does it extend and how much did it cost. I've gotten a quote at $1,700 for 24,000K or 2 yr.

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2005, 02:55 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

What's a warranty??
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 11th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasDefender
I am about to get my 90 and was wondering what warranty company you guys use through Land Rover. Also how long does it extend and how much did it cost. I've gotten a quote at $1,700 for 24,000K or 2 yr.

Sam
Pffft $1,700, I can blow through that in a no time

The question is what does it cover? That doesn't sound bad, a guy here at work extened his warranty on his Chevy pickup for 2 years and it was $1600.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasDefender

Sam
Depends on who is underwriting the warranty. I do not know if Land Rover has a warranty program. Most are thru independent companies. They offer the dealer a package who then offers it to the customer. I would research warranties in general. Plenty to choose from and at every price point.

Hard to say if the price is good or not. What does it include? Drivetrain? Everything? Where do you have to have the car serviced at? How is payment made? DO you deal with them or do they deal directly with the company offering the warranty?
Old November 11th, 2005, 03:54 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

I looked into this for my 97 but rejected it. I think my mileage was out of range - 80K - or the year. The question is what does it not cover. For me this list was too big. Plus, if you're off-roading in this vehicle that opens up a lot of excuses for the warranty to not be in effect.

Here's some links I used:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/warranty.htm
http://www.1sourceautowarranty.com/d...p?Referrer=214
http://www.warrantydirect.com/index....=carbuyingtips
Old November 12th, 2005, 12:22 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by artm
I looked into this for my 97 but rejected it. I think my mileage was out of range - 80K - or the year. The question is what does it not cover. For me this list was too big. Plus, if you're off-roading in this vehicle that opens up a lot of excuses for the warranty to not be in effect.

Here's some links I used:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/warranty.htm
http://www.1sourceautowarranty.com/d...p?Referrer=214
http://www.warrantydirect.com/index....=carbuyingtips
I have 1/2 the milage and they just don't cover anything 97 or older. If anybody finds anything concrete, please post it.
Old November 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
WestTexasDefender
Sam Allen
'97 LE #234

Thanks for the responses. Land Rover Dallas referred me to Continental Ultimate Warranty and I am waithing for them to give me a response. I know for sure they'll offer for a '97 and it only has around 30K so it should be fine. As for how much it covers im not sure but Land Rover will honor it for sure.

Sam
Old November 12th, 2005, 01:36 PM
javelinadave
-
-

I just e-mailed Continental Ultimate, I'll let you know what they say. My LR "Certified Warranty" ends this April.
Old November 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM
tron
Thomas F
Recently Roverless

I am always hesitant to go with the 3rd party warranties. I sued one a few years back b/c they tried to put used parts in when I had a repair. Then I needed a new wiper motor (this was for a chevy truck) and they said they had "paid enough" already. I won a settlement but IMO insruance companies are shady at best. Land Rovers are expensive cars and companies that claim that they offer coverage for that little amount of money are probably in business because they are not paying out too much. If they are in fact legit then by all means go for it.
Old October 31st, 2007, 09:56 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Digging up an old topic, does anyone know if any warranty companies will cover a 2004 D2 with just over 100K?

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:22 AM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Land Rover Dallas Good Luck
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:45 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Really? Cool, thanks.. I will have to check it out. I didnt think LR would do X-Warranty on trucks over 100K.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 1st, 2007, 12:50 PM
Caribsurf
Donald McDowell
Black 1997 D-90 soft top

I bought the Easy Care Gold extended warranty through Copley about 17 months ago. At that time it cost
$1330.00 for the Total Care coverage which was their most complete coverage. Only recently did I have to use the warranty, and with a few professional phone calls Norman at British Rover Co was able to get them to pay for about 40% of the work I was having done (intake gasket/trans cooler lines) so while I haven't yet recouped my cost for the warranty, it is nice to know they honored this work. I really bought if for peace of mind for a couple of years. plan is 24 mo 24,000 miles

Easy Care 800-538-4181 customer service

it is possible that this policy has to be purchased through a dealer.
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:18 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
From DWeb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVERMAN 10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
So I went to my local LR dealer this weekend to inquire about extended warranty for my 2004 Discovery since my original warranty is running out rapidly . They told my that LR had just changed their policy and now you have to extend the warranty 5 months or 5000 miles prior to the expiration of your original warranty instead of the original 1 month or 1000 miles prior to the expiration of the warranty.

They quote me 7 years or 60000 miles for $2900.00 I just wanted to pass this information in case some of you don't know about this change yet. What do you guys think about the price?

Best regards!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions