Experience fitting Disco auto trim in a 110? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 9th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Brent McDonald
1988 LHD 110 SW
Experience fitting Disco auto trim in a 110?

My truck: 1988 110 SW with LHD 3.5 V8 with factory in dash AC.

Anyone out there have direct experience fitting a Disco II automatic transmission console and shifter trim parts into a 1988 110? I am looking into doing a swap from a 3.5V8 with Lt85 to a cammed and rebuilt 3.9V8 and ZF auto. I don't like the idea of spending $1K on the transmission trim parts from rovers north.

Also, any recs on Y-pipes with Cats that will fit? Do you know if the standard y-pipe for a classic will fit the imported 110 frame?

Any other things to watch out for when doing the conversion? I anticipate the following will have to be done:
1. engine and transmission swap including some frame adjustments and addition of wiring harness
2. new radiator with trans cooler (any idea if a classic radiator that has the internal trans cooler will fit in a 110?
3. Change out transfer case and shifter linkages (will be take from a classic or disco)
4. Update exhaust from manifold back including adding cats.

Thanks in advance!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

110, disco