Exmoor Trim Options - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 10th, 2009, 12:18 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aosias
Who is the best supplier of Exmoor products? For some reason it seems like you can no longer order directly from them so is there anyone stateside that has the best price and selection? I'm looking for front seat re-trim, foams and trim.

Alex
Really?? did you call them? I ordered directly from them just a few months ago it was great working with them actually...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Well, after talking with Chance I called called up Trevor and ordered the heaters and foams for my 110. He was great to work with and the price was great too. Bad news is (at least for the rest of you, and me if I buy another D) that he said my order was the last order Exmoor was sending to the US except to Atlantic British. According to Trevor, AB made some sort of exclusive deal with Exmoor and they were no longer going to supply anyone but them in the US. Things may have changed again though, so it is worth investigating...and please post whatever you find out for everyone's benefit.
Old January 10th, 2009, 03:56 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I stopped by Nene while over picking up my 110 and got to try the Outlast Defender Elite seat they had there, they seem nice, better bolsters, the fabric seems good kinda like softshell material. The build quality is good for a Land Rover product but still looks kinda hand-made vs modern seats.

Now the anniversary edition seats in the SVX, those look nice, but $10,000 seems a bit steep for seats no matter how good they look

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2009, 06:43 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
AB made some sort of exclusive deal with Exmoor and they were no longer going to supply anyone but them in the US.
From a 1/6/09 post on Rovers North forum by Mark Letorney:

Gentlemen,
We have just received the latest Exmoor pricing for our acct.
It includes a full selection of NAS interior. Exmoor marketing will launch in the Christmas NEWS. w/ the full range offered by January. Please forward all
inquiries not found in our system to myself or Dirk. As of 01 Oct. they are trade only w/ RN being apointed as their NA agent. This is a perfect fit for us
and will give our customers the ultimate selection in interior products. All seats and door panels o/h now are ok to sell ahead of launch. Remember we have o/h the complete seat range for 88 Ser.II-IIA in their version of Elephant Hide which looks quite good. The rear side seats feature galvanized frames. Everything is listed by Exmoor numbers. Thanks,m
Old January 10th, 2009, 12:23 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
So, my question is where would you source the parts?

Do ya'll have a UK supplier that will ship to the US in a timely fashion? RN wants $229 per seat and AB is $600 for the 2 seat kit. I can find two seat kits for $200 from John Craddock. I read on the board if you have them take out the adhesive it then decreases the shipping significantly since it isn't hazardous materials.

Alex
Old January 10th, 2009, 12:30 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Try safarirover, he has an account with them.

Follow-up Post:

I don' think anyone here has very many experiences to share since Exmoor only stopped retail sales in October.

Old January 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by aosias
So, my question is where would you source the parts?

Do ya'll have a UK supplier that will ship to the US in a timely fashion? RN wants $229 per seat and AB is $600 for the 2 seat kit. I can find two seat kits for $200 from John Craddock. I read on the board if you have them take out the adhesive it then decreases the shipping significantly since it isn't hazardous materials.

Alex
What adhesive? The only adhesive I received was a couple pieces of double sided tape to hold the heating elements in place.
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:27 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
On a couple of orders sent to the US like 5 years ago they sent a can of spray glue with the kits which made them hazardous cargo, increased the price, and slowed everything down. By the time I ordered my kits in fall 04, they had stopped doing that.

Old January 11th, 2009, 01:31 AM
bharris
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
On a couple of orders sent to the US like 5 years ago they sent a can of spray glue with the kits which made them hazardous cargo, increased the price, and slowed everything down. By the time I ordered my kits in fall 04, they had stopped doing that.
They must have goofed on mine or something then... the spray glue was in the box, shipping was fairly cheap and fast...

I'm totally bummed that I won't be able to order anything directly from them in the future though.
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:09 AM
J.5
Joe Zinter

A note on seat cover options. I contacted Exmoor about 6 months ago, and requested swatches in every material i thought i might want (xs, leather, outlast, elephant hide, vinyl, etc.)... arrived in the mail in about a week. From the above posts, it looks like their US distribution might have changed, but I would contact them and request swatches before spending all that $$$.
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Lindy
Eric Lindstrom
1994 d-90 #1444

I've got Exmoor seats in my rover. The front have the g4 trim and I think they look sharp. They have "Waeco" heating elements in the and keep the bums very warm! I've also got the rear forward facing folding seats which we absolutly love. Very easy access for our 5 and 6 year olds. I would highly recomend them. The previous owner ordered them directly from Exmoor back in 2006. He paid $1,000 for the rear seats and $460 for the front.
Here is their contact info for anyone interested:

Phone 01984 635060
Fax 01984 633539
E-mail mail@exmoortrim.com
Old January 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy
I've got Exmoor seats in my rover. The front have the g4 trim and I think they look sharp. They have "Waeco" heating elements in the and keep the bums very warm! I've also got the rear forward facing folding seats which we absolutly love. Very easy access for our 5 and 6 year olds. I would highly recomend them. The previous owner ordered them directly from Exmoor back in 2006. He paid $1,000 for the rear seats and $460 for the front.
Here is their contact info for anyone interested:

Phone 01984 635060
Fax 01984 633539
E-mail mail@exmoortrim.com
Right, but they don't sell direct any more so contacting them is futile. They will direct you to one of their agents.

Old January 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Anyone know if the heated seat wiring harness can be sourced locally? I seemed to have misplaced mine from when I installed the seats and need to get them up and running.
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Lindy
Eric Lindstrom
1994 d-90 #1444

Rovers North has the heated seat harness on sale for $199.00
Part number ex9969

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
exmoor