Defender Source Forum banner

Exmoor Orders

Tags
exmoor
5K views 43 replies 17 participants last post by  JimC 
#1 ·
Have reviewed several posts re Exmoor - I found site in UK.

Can you order via UK site/sales or is there US alternate?

Has anyone convereted to the G4 Trim in a 90 wagon yet?

#2 ·
I've got G4 trim on the way for my front seats. I havent found anyone in the states that carries an actual selection of their merchandise. I just went and ordered straight from Exmoor. The other issue is that everyone (i.e. Atlantic British) that has the stuff has a markup high enough that there isnt any penalty for ordering from the UK.

#3 ·
I just ordered a set of their XS leather retrim covers (I already have the foam), yesterday. Just call them up and ask for Caroline. She's the main sales rep and great to deal with. She'll quote multiple shipping methods.

In addition, if you order new foam from them. We found that they send you a spray can of adhesive. This can raises the cost of shipping (as it's under pressure/hazardous). If you do order new foam, ask them not to include the adhesive. The cost should be much less.

#6 · (Edited)
My seats are in great shape but the wife likes heated seats. I of course want to drive the 90 when we go so I was going to add the heated kits to existing fronts.

When I went to Exmoor I saw the G4 Trim and was impressed. And if the prices are actually for the entire seats, the price really is not bad. I will be calling re replacment of all for the wagon.

I have not found ref . . is it all leather? Anyone install this yet. If not when someone gets it in please let me know your impression re quality and send photos.

Thanks!

Note: I have seen the lumbar kits in a mazda performance shop in Atlanta. Have them in the Miata at only 15 bucks ea.

#9 · (Edited)
I would really like to see the G4 seats. look great online and if they do look that good I will change to include rear jumps and heated all. Will be inquiring re control kit(s) as I want to keep original Auto-console.

In the interim, will definitely be adding the heated kits to the OEMs (I assume I can add to Vinyl Twill seats?) or else I'll be riding in the wifes auto every weekend this winter :(

#12 ·
Kimos said:
I would really like to see the G4 seats. look great online and if they do look that good I will change to include rear jumps and heated all. Will be inquiring re control kit(s) as I want to keep original Auto-console.

In the interim, will definitely be adding the heated kits to the OEMs (I assume I can add to Vinyl Twill seats?) or else I'll be riding in the wifes auto every weekend this winter :(

I am just curious as to why? Never had a problem in the winter here in Chicago, without a drop curtain. It's never really been that uncomfortable...

EwS

#13 ·
I paid the retail price listed on the website and it doesnt seem particularly bad to me. The real sucko is the exchange rate right now, but I dont think 200ish dollars is bad for a reupholstery kit in a material I like. I'm just glad their so simple to work with unlike my other cars.

Oh, and my 88 pound shipping bill was for seat covers (G4) foams, and heaters.

#16 ·
No problem Chris - I paid 309 pounds for the retrim kits, new foams, and the seat headers. Shipping was extra. The trim kits weren't listed separately when I emailed and enquired, but Exmoor told me they were available separately and quoted me a price.

#17 ·
Hi, As to the point as to what the G4 fabric is..and I base this on inspecting a Defender G4 at the showroom in France. Looks for all intensive purposes to be leather..but it is not..it is a heavy duty matt black textured 'vinyl' for lack of a better word. The origionals look and feel great - lets hope the Exmoor is close. I will go this route as I hate the standard grey fabric. tim

#18 ·
So I get home for lunch today, and the box from Exmoor is sitting on my doorstep. Thats only 6 days since I faxed them my order, and only 4 working days! They sent the (large) box via expedited UPS so I feel I got my money's worth for the 88 UKP shipping charge. Honestly, compared to the hassle of waiting weeks and wondering about the status of a shipment coming from overseas, I'd opt for the same next time.

Attached are a couple pix shipment. One of the large pile, and another a closeup of the fabric. It is a very nice vinyl with the obvious dimple pattern and a texture on the other parts. Its not a leather grain, but rather a regular pattern, kind of like a convertible top.

I'll give another report after I install the stuff.

Attachments

#19 ·
Thanks Jim, Please do. Let me know your overall feeling of the material. Hey and upload some images of the finished product!

Re Seat heaters. . . Eric, there is not really a point. It costs about a hundred bucks to add it and she likes to be warm . . . even in a Wagon

#21 ·
Jim, I installed mine (gray vinyl) a couple of weeks ago and really like them. Very easy instructions; easy installation. The new foam is nicer too. Softer, and I think that the wings may not be as "confining". The seats are just like they must have been when the trucked rolled off the factory floor. I'd agree with Dave M and tell them to not bother with sending the canned adhesive. I'm sure you could find something at the store here. Those look real nice Jim!

#24 ·
My XS retrims showed up last night with the heater kit. The XS is decent. The stictching and fabric is pretty nice. For anyone looking at the XS, make sure you know the center section of the seat is not leather, just the sides and bolsters/headrest.

In addition, I quickly checked out the heater kit they sent. I was VERY impressed in the contents of it. All fully prewired harness, relay and switches. It looked complete and brainless to install. It's rare to see a "kit" that actually comes complete.

Now I just need the time to install... I'll take pics and document for the archives.

Giddy-up.

#26 ·
I put in the Exmoor retrim/foam/heaters last week. The trim kit is nice. The new foam was a surprising improvement, firm but comfortable. When the heaters get cranked up they are more than adequate. The install was very straightforward. By the by, while installing a Jacobs ignition kit last summer, I noticed on their site that they offer a retro heater kit as well.

Speaking as a FNG, damn... this place is great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.