Exmoor Orders - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 25th, 2004, 09:51 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Jim, I installed mine (gray vinyl) a couple of weeks ago and really like them. Very easy instructions; easy installation. The new foam is nicer too. Softer, and I think that the wings may not be as "confining". The seats are just like they must have been when the trucked rolled off the factory floor. I'd agree with Dave M and tell them to not bother with sending the canned adhesive. I'm sure you could find something at the store here. Those look real nice Jim!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2004, 01:26 PM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

I'm planning to order a set of Exmoor seats once I'm that far with my project (about a month at this rate) through a reseller in Vancouver, BC. Deciding which ones to get would help.

[ added URL to reseller ]
Old October 26th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimos
Re Seat heaters. . . Eric, there is not really a point. It costs about a hundred bucks to add it and she likes to be warm . . . even in a Wagon
Probably a very good idea then. Nice choice witht he seats. Very sharp. Maybe next year I'll get the heaters.

EwS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2004, 01:10 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
My XS retrims showed up last night with the heater kit. The XS is decent. The stictching and fabric is pretty nice. For anyone looking at the XS, make sure you know the center section of the seat is not leather, just the sides and bolsters/headrest.

In addition, I quickly checked out the heater kit they sent. I was VERY impressed in the contents of it. All fully prewired harness, relay and switches. It looked complete and brainless to install. It's rare to see a "kit" that actually comes complete.

Now I just need the time to install... I'll take pics and document for the archives.

Giddy-up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Cool, heated seats sounds like a nice thing to have.
Old November 12th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

I put in the Exmoor retrim/foam/heaters last week. The trim kit is nice. The new foam was a surprising improvement, firm but comfortable. When the heaters get cranked up they are more than adequate. The install was very straightforward. By the by, while installing a Jacobs ignition kit last summer, I noticed on their site that they offer a retro heater kit as well.

Speaking as a FNG, damn... this place is great.
Old November 13th, 2004, 01:58 PM
KeithD
Keith Duckett
90 V8 Import

Registry
I found the new foams a huge improvement too and they softened up a bit after a while. Then again my old foams were literally disintegrating.
Old November 15th, 2004, 03:39 PM
howellm70
Michael Howell

Heater kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Hayward
...By the by, while installing a Jacobs ignition kit last summer, I noticed on their site that they offer a retro heater kit as well.
Rod - Where did you find info about the heater kit...I looked through their website to no avail.
Old November 15th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Michael, I just got off the Jacobs site. I can't find the heaters either. Sorry, for the bad/outdated info. It appears that when Mr. Gasket took over Jacobs they dropped the heaters as well as several other interesting products. I'll call them in the morning. It's been more than a year since I saw them, but you never know. In the meantime, I saw another site that sells retro heater kits (honest, I swear I did). It was only yesterday! If you want to check them out: http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seaheatac.html God...I hope I did that right, a computer guru I am not. The ones that come with the Exmoor seats are from: http://www.waeco.com I checked out their site but it didn't lead me to anyone I could obtain the heaters from here in the states. There's another manufacturer here in the states called "Checker". Their site directs you to an upholsterer near you, but they don't seem to want to sell to the public. Once again, sorry for the misdirection. Next time I'll check my sources before I post.

-Rod
Old November 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
howellm70
Michael Howell

No worries Rod...thanks for the additional info. A couple of questions on the seat heaters: Are you still able to pull the bottom of the seats out fairly easily? Any pictures of the installed seats and swithces you could share? Thanks.
Old November 16th, 2004, 07:57 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
They're not installed yet because the truck is disassembled, but there is a decent amount of extra cable to allow removal of the seat base. Now obviously you cant fling it in the back set it on the ground, but you can easily access the plug if necessary.

The seat back pigtail and the seat base pigtail come together at a plug, so they are still pretty modular.
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Jim's right. There is enough slack in the wire that I can set the seat bottom up, and out of the way, on top of the Tuffy box when I need access to batteries.

When I figure out how to put pictures on the computer, I'll be sure to post some!
Old November 17th, 2004, 09:30 AM
javelinadave
-
-

I have sent two e-mails in the last 6 days to Exmoor and have not heard back. Are they always this slow or am I having a bit of bad luck?
Old November 17th, 2004, 09:45 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
They replied immediately to all my emails. I think I sent to simon@exmoor.co.uk, I'll double check.
Old November 18th, 2004, 09:26 AM
javelinadave
-
-

Wow, I just got a price quote from exmoor for $850 for a heated seat re-trim kit. That is about the same price as Atlantic British The shipping alone was 144.53 or $267.78. Simon also said that the shipping was not any different with the adhesive. Any ideas????
Old November 18th, 2004, 11:04 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
They charged me 85 pounds for shipping, I can imagine it would be much different to AZ vs SC, its still across the atlantic.

850 should be for the pair inclusive of shipping right? Once I got the stuff and saw the quality, I was much more at ease with the price.
Old November 18th, 2004, 12:14 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Jim,
Simon just e-mailed me back with a shipping price of:

Royal Mail Parcel Force
International Economy (up to 28 days) = 83.75 $731 for everything shipped
International Standard (approx. 5 days) = 105.15 $775 for everything shipped
UPS International =144.53 $850 for everything shipped

Was yours shipped UPS or by mail?
Old November 18th, 2004, 02:52 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
UPS, i got it in four days.

To be clear, here is what was in my box:
2 complete re-trim kits (back, base, head rest)
2 foam sets (back & base) with heaters pre-stuck.

Thats it.

If the difference is just that I'm in SC and you are in AZ, have it shipped to me and I'll forward it. I guarantee UPS or FedEx will move that box from SC to AZ for less than 108 dollars (145 minus 85 = 60 x 1.8). You could even pay me in Amsoil

I dont know if the extra hassle is worth it to save 70 bucks, but whatever floats your boat. What ever you do dont use parcelforce. I've had bad luck with that service.
Old November 20th, 2004, 03:51 AM
SGH
SIMON HUGHES
2003 TD5 90 / 1983 V8 110

Heated Seat Kits

We sell the Waeco seated seat kit here in the Uk 47.00 set of two seats and will ship to USA for 20.00

Check out www.mps4x4store.co.uk

Simon
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:10 PM
mpodgorski
martin
'94 D90 ST Arles

Digging up the past,
I tried emailing Simon, with the email address above. I keep getting a time out message, hmm.
Then I emailed the main sales email and that was two days ago.
Does anyone have another email address? I am looking to see if it would be cheaper to have them ship me new seats and rails or do I get them from my parts department.

Any clue on what they would ship for.

thanks in advance
Martin

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
exmoor