exhaust systems - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 8th, 2006, 10:09 PM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

My cats were shot and my muffler dented, so i ordered two magnaflow high flow cats, a super 40 flowmaster. A local shop did all the work and my factory cats were cut out, then replaced by the magnaflow high flow 2.0in 2.0 out cats, And after the y-pipe, everything was replaced with 2.5in pipe and a super40 flowmaster. It sounds really good and has a nice rumble to it, but I personally like louder exhaust systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2006, 08:59 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
how long have you had the magnaflow cats? Did you have a flat one for the PS and the round one for the DS? photos?
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:41 AM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel
Sorry to bring this back up but I still don't have the answer.

Who makes y-pipes?

Who makes a full kit? Not cat back.

Can anyone tell me where to find magnaflow or flowmaster systems? Neither have this application listed on their sights.

I am looking for a local shop that does good work but think a quality kit would work out better.
High quality stuff ($$$$) Janspeed. Quicksilver is also very good but not as expensive.

For the muffler, it should be 2 1/4 OD (I think) with inlet and outlet at center of muffler.
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2006, 11:57 AM
revtor
Steve Maietta
1969 IIA 88" Bugeye

Registry
NRP used to make a Y pipe.. not sure if they're even still around. Ive had the NRP Cat back for 5 yrs or so and have had no problems at all. Sounds good - a tad bit more of a rumble than stock (not too much!)

~Steve
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:04 PM
needsaD110
Ben
97 D90 #1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
how long have you had the magnaflow cats? Did you have a flat one for the PS and the round one for the DS? photos?
I got the truck back yesterday from the shop, I'll take some pics of it when i get my camera charged. I got two identical ones for both sides but their very slim and long. The DS one does have to be tilted at an angle though so it sticks a little bit below the frame.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
exhaust