Exhaust system bolts - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 6th, 2004, 11:10 PM
1995 SW #487/500
Exhaust system bolts

just thought I would mention.. Other day my D-90 sounded like shit, like it was about to go, tickin and all when the motor was under load. problem was the bolts from the y-pipes to the manifold, I know this has been talked about in the past just thought I would mention it, it might be worth checking on yalls D-90's...... now it sounds like it should all is well for time being.

Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW
I just had some cracks welded in my ex.system because mine had been loose and aparently the vibration caused it to crack at the flange.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson
Old May 7th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
When you first put on the exhaust the gasket between the 2 shrinks and allows the bolts to get loose, so after putting on an exhaust you have to retighten after a few days.
Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

bolts, exhaust