Eurospare Seal--Engine rebuild - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 7th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Eurospare Seal--Engine rebuild

Have any of you ever used Eurospare seals, in particular for the front and rear crankshaft seals? I have been making a big list of components for my engine rebuild and finding EuroParts Direct has some really great prices on aftermarket components. Heck, even when I order from AB or BP, I almost always get aftermarket parts.

EuroParts has the front crankshaft seal for $2.44 and the rear for $6.82 compared with $8.95 and $17.95--that is over 1/2 price. Which doesn't mean anything if they are crap (or they could be the exact same thing). Anyone have experience with these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2010, 02:42 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

I am redoing a 4.6 right now and I would go with factory on the front, rear seals and valve cover gaskets. I had the option of going with Eurospares but my mechanic does not use them in certain instances such as the parts that could leak a lot of oil. I did purchase their lifters and other seals.
Old January 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
Genuwine
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2010, 09:44 AM
mikeslandrover
Mike Hammond
110 200Tdi and a 2005 Scorpa SY250

Registry
Use genuine or OEM if the part is critical or difficult to get at if it should fail.
Old January 7th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Oxcart13
Mark M
D110

I used LRseries.com for my parts orders. It's rare I have to go to AB or RN for items. In almost all cases, they offer the option to select genuine or aftermarket for each part. I go genuine and they all come in that familiar white box or plastic, with green label. For a MAF I think I paid $80 where using the US sources it was more like $400, so the prices are very attractive.

Haven't seen you in a while. Hope to see you on a trail this year. Mark
Old January 7th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

We all know LR does not make their own seals--does anyone know who private labels them? I know Eurospare, Corteco, and AMR all make a rear crank seal, but I have never looked at them all side by side with a "Genuine" so I have know idea if they even differ in quality or if the after market is even better--no clue. Have any of you folks actually had experience with any particular manufacturer, just to keep tabs on who to/not to use? It might be useful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
engine, rebuild, spare