Euro style front turn indicators - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 19th, 2005, 10:17 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Euro style front turn indicators

Does anyone know where I can find an amber turn indicator...the smaller size bulb (similar to the top). I am updating the look of my 90 to make it appear similar to the 2005 models. However, in the UK the bulbs are smaller than ours, clear, and amber.

Any ideas...I usually turn to George for these quirky little things.

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Roadsiderob
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

I got a set of clear lenses from george for the park lights. I am running clear 5w bulbs (NAPA #BP67) for the park lights and then an 1156 bulb in the turn signal.
Rob
Old September 20th, 2005, 12:53 AM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsiderob
I got a set of clear lenses from george for the park lights. I am running clear 5w bulbs (NAPA #BP67) for the park lights and then an 1156 bulb in the turn signal.
Rob
Will that fit the smaller bulb housing? Also, will the smaller bulb housing screws work on the bottom headlight surround?

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 20th, 2005, 02:52 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Brian, I got my stuff from George too. I actually have all clear lenses in the front with a yellow turn sigal bulb from napa. IT looks very euro.
Old September 20th, 2005, 05:48 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Hi Randy,

Is the Napa bulb the same size as the bulb above it...the running light? Are all of your lense covers the same size...did you upgrade to the Euro style headlight surrounds?

Thanks,
B
Old September 20th, 2005, 08:09 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Yes bulb and lenses are all the same size. Yes, I have the Brunell silver headlight surrounds and grill too. THey look bad ass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01327.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	3891  
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:09 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

Randy,

I don't want to say Euro trash. Oops...

I don't want to say bling. Oops...

Seriously, it does look nice.

I didn't realize the Tdi is hand crank-able.
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:54 PM
boshea
Brian OShea
1995 Defender 90 ST

Wow...that paint job looks great! Did you have the inside painted also? I have been thinking about getting my truck repainted Zambezi silver or Bonatti grey.

Thanks,
Brian
Old September 21st, 2005, 09:01 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Arthur, All the parts on the front of my truck are stock 2005 defender parts. I wanted it to look like a new truck and not like every other d-90 here in the USA. Its the little things...lol

As for the paint job. THe entire truck was painted in pieces inside and out. Not a quick shit paint job. ITs the only way to do it right.

Oh yeah, my truck originally had a 2.5td in it and it had the hand crank hole. I think all the early 90's had the hole. THe old 4 cyl engines are hand crankable. I do not think you could crank a tdi though.
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:26 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
looks damn good. I like the indicators very much.
Old September 21st, 2005, 09:46 PM
roverboy
Thomas
Booger

sorry for hijacking...

Randy,

Your truck looks awesome. And I have some questions for you. You said your paint job was done in pieces and not a quick shit job. Can you tell me how you had it painted? Did you disassemble it yourself before hand or did the paint shop do it? Did they do any body work to it? Strip it? Sand blast it? How did you hear about the painter? Did they do a good job? About how much $$$ was it? Do tell...

I ask because I am about to have mine painted. It has about a million dings in it and I need to look into some body work as well. I just got a quote from Line-X to spray the ENTIRE interior, and I want to have the exterior straightened out and painted shortly thereafter. I'll be changing color from Coniston Green to Black or maybe a nice Mercedes Silver, so I want the job done right. From the engine bay to the bulkhead behind the dash...Any info you can provide me will help...thanks...

and I'm sorry for hijacking this thread. Carry on...
Old September 21st, 2005, 11:55 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
Yes bulb and lenses are all the same size. Yes, I have the Brunell silver headlight surrounds and grill too. THey look bad ass.
When the hell are you going to take that thing out and crap it up a little. Come on! You should have just bought an H2 you pavement pounder

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:56 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
LOL. Dave It has been wheelin once so far and I am headed to MAR too. Hopefully a few runs this fall too

As for the painting, you can go from me. I started from scratch with my truck. Every nut and bolt was removed from it and it was all bare body panels. Everything was stripped or replaced or fixed body wise. Then we primed everything in my driveway and wet sanded it. Then on a sunday, took all the crap to my buddys body shop and painted each part in the booth. I then reasembled the truck and rebuilt or replaced any and everything on the truck. Check out the pics in the Misc section under project updates.

I also shot the inside of the rear tub, seat box and floor pieces with a x line type of crap while it was still apart.

My paint job is flawless. Actually too nice for a rover that I use every day. My friend does paint and body work and I think all the work cost me under $800 and beer too

If you have dents and stuff on the front outer fenders or doors, its easier to just replace them or re skin the doors. THats what I did.

Also, I know this little Portuguese guy that is a metel worker. He came over and straightened a part of my rear tub with just a hammer, dolly and a torch. It was unreal. You would never know he even worked on it and he used no filler of any kind and left not a mark. lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions