Eternal Gas Pumping - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 5th, 2006, 11:24 AM
96 D1 5spd
Originally Posted by Bozman
Do all Defenders take forever to fill the gas tank?

Whenever I am refueling my D90 the back-pressure builds and triggers the gas pump shut-off (used to avoid over filling the tank). The only way I can refuel is to hold the gas pump handle lever at the lowest possible point so the volume of gas entering the tank does not back-up and trigger the automatic shut off valve. This takes about 10 minutes!

Is it just me?
I am sure you are all very curious why this was happening to me, the eternal gas pumping. Well, some idiot installed a Disco fuel pump in my Defender.

The difference? There is no connection for the overflow tube on the Disco fuel pump, so there is no way for air to escape the tank during fueling. The previously mentioned idiot also decided to cap the overflow tube and let it hang down near the rear bumper. Silliness!!

It is now all correct and I have a stainless skid-plate to boot.

All is well . . . for now.

Old October 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM
mark kellgren
93' NAS 110- #234
Rover accessorie retailers (ie scorpion racing, frontrunner, etc.) overseas have quite a few replacment long range tanks, as well as second fuel tank options , but does anyone know the legality of installing those tanks here in the US?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions