Equipe supension - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 15th, 2011, 09:19 AM
defender 90
Equipe supension

Hi all, new to the thread. I have a 84 d-90 shipped over from england. As you all know it has to come over stock so now that I have been offroading I want more out of it. My first major upgrade after this last weekends adventure is going to be for the suspension. I've been looking into this a good amount already but I'd like to feed back from the guys here. Yes I have read a ton of other threads on this and many other forums. But there are some things that I have not found out.

First, I am more concered about articulation rather than a huge lift. I'd like to do 2-3inch lift using the equipe stage 3 kit. I feel this will keep the 90's onroad driving alright while drastically improving the offroad capabilities. I want to use dislocation cones in the rear, but not the front because I hear it will twist and torque the steering a little too much for my comfort. It is not a trail rig only. I'm going to be using my 90 for a while as my main car.

I have seen relocation brackets for the shocks, lowering them. Many people have said not to do this, but I have not found the reason why exactly. In my mind I see it limiting the upward travel of the axle, but wouldn't the bump stops also do that??? Could someone enlighten me on this topic.

So for those who have experience with equipe suspension. How complete are their kits? are they not too bad to instal, (my mechanical experience comes from working on my uncles farm with his tractor, and other euipement) and how does it affect the onroad/offroad driving? except for LUCKY8, are there any other US distributors of Equipe?

Also, if people have done kits like rovertym I wouldn't mind hearing about your experinces with them.

I will try get some pics up of my defender too, for eye candy.

Thanks everyone

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions