equipe bumper - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

I can build some pretty heavy duty stuff. I'm not doubting the quality one bit. I want one. If I can't buy one, you can be sure that the one I build will be over built. Time is money and there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. I have two jobs and a two year old.
And I love you too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
pm'd back

Thanks
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:43 PM
crown14
Verticalscrote
Volkswagen Super Beetle
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck1974
I can build some pretty heavy duty stuff. I'm not doubting the quality one bit. I want one. If I can't buy one, you can be sure that the one I build will be over built. Time is money and there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. I have two jobs and a two year old.
Its not so much that its built strong, but that its strong due to design and manufacturing process. Sure you can change this and that a little here and there and it won't look too different. But its not the same.

I guess I am just funny about bumpers. Lucky8 has some new ones coming out for Discos, maybe Defender too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:16 AM
CDN90
Tim
94 / D90 #79

For reference,

I think mine is the Scorpion Racing bumper that Gustavo spoke of...was on the truck when i bought it.

It is tucked in super close with the grill modified (cut) for the winch...mine looks a little more softer with the bends compared to the equipe...

Softer, did i just say that!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 20091017150737.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	23880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 20091017150532.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	23881  

Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN90
For reference,

I think mine is the Scorpion Racing bumper that Gustavo spoke of...was on the truck when i bought it.

It is tucked in super close with the grill modified (cut) for the winch...mine looks a little more softer with the bends compared to the equipe...

Softer, did i just say that!?
Thats also a very nice looking bumper

Follow-up Post:

What are you guys doing, turning the lower parking lights into turn signals.
And I love you too
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Jon/Wolf, didn't I read somewhere that you might work with Lucky8 on some bumpers in the future?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Here's a pic of the Equipe bumper without the A-bar (is that what it is called?)

** Some trimming required **
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	23884  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozman
Here's a pic of the Equipe bumper without the A-bar (is that what it is called?)

** Some trimming required **
Yeah, that's the comp version which requires grill cutting. They make normal ones that stick out a little more as well.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
Jon/Wolf, didn't I read somewhere that you might work with Lucky8 on some bumpers in the future?
Yeah, Justin and I have talked, but I am just way too busy to make anything full time. I make one-offs, but have not made the jump into making jigs for mass production.

Everything I make requires the customer vehicle in my shop.

The knock-offs of the Equipe bumpers are just that - knock-offs. If you would wear a fake Rolex to show off, then a fake Equipe is perfect for you. Wait and buy the real thing. They'll be back in the country soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:51 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory
Just checked on eBay and found this: http://nomadoverlandproducts.com/winch-bumpers.php

Very similar to the Equipe design.
British Pacific has started stocking the Terrafirma range of products from Allmakes4x4. They don't list the Tubular Bumpers on the BritPac site but they do say they will get you a price on anything else in the range and the UK Terrafirma site lists Tubular bumpers.

They are still a copy but might give you more options to consider and possibly cheaper shipping. Matt Savage lists them in the UK for around the 300 pound mark, so they should be around the same price.

http://www.britishpacific.com/BPSite...terrafirma.htm
Go to the bottom of the page where they say they will price anything in the range off the UK Web Site.

http://www.terrafirma4x4.com/product...cat=14&grp=116
http://www.mattsavage.co.uk/acatalog...h_Bumpers.html

HTH

Ian

Edit

They (Terrafirma) list Atlantic British as their East Coast Dealer so maybe Eric can get you a price as well?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:26 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Justin has those for $750 and they look similar and very nice. I have done a search and can't find anyone that has one. If anyone has a Terrafirma tube bumper please chime in.

Follow-up Post:

reason being is that I haven't heard about the quality of the products
And I love you too
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
The knock-offs of the Equipe bumpers are just that - knock-offs. If you would wear a fake Rolex to show off, then a fake Equipe is perfect for you. Wait and buy the real thing. They'll be back in the country soon.
Has anyone heard anything more on the Equipe bumpers? I mailed Justin today asking if anything has changed.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Lucasd2002
David Lucas
[VACANT]

What is this fascination with tube bumpers? Is this a jeep site?
Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Birdman
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046

Registry
Gustavo's pictures look very familiar. Oh yeah- I bought his 90! I am traveling until May 6, but can take whatever pictures you need of the bumper when I get home. Let me know if you still want them.
Old April 25th, 2010, 11:32 AM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Do you still need pics of the bumper still? I have the Equipe w/abar and extended away for the winch clearance.
Old April 26th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Cory
Shane
D90SW 1997

I sent an email a few weeks ago to Equipe after talking to Justin. This was my second communication with them -- the first went unanswered.

Over the weekend, Equipe got around to forwarding the email to Draken Off Road. Draken shot me an email this morning saying that they were currently out of stock due to the restructuring in Milan but could have one shipped from Italy.

I like this bumper and the company makes good equipment but I'm hesitant to reward any company with my business that has such poor communication (I'm talking about Equipe, not Draken). I realize that the U.S. market is probably tiny for them but . . .

Anyway, they can be had if you'll cover shipping from Italy.

I'm in no rush so I'll probably wait for Justin to get them back in stock and order one from him since he's earned my business several times over.
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
he he.. and an awesome looking D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Gustavo's pictures look very familiar. Oh yeah- I bought his 90! I am traveling until May 6, but can take whatever pictures you need of the bumper when I get home. Let me know if you still want them.
------ Follow up post added April 26th, 2010 07:19 PM ------

Well,

As you can imagine a company as such the Owner / Principal doesn't speak english, so he forwards all emails to his friend and Distributor named Rob ( Draken Off Road ) here in the USA .

Also it appears Rob handles every single anglo speaking country as well as Dutch.

I can tell you that you are better off ordering from someone in Australia before you go through the PAINFULL process of getting it from Italy at this time ( becasue of their so called re-structuring that has being going on for a year ), and they will quote you in Euros, and ridiculously high.

I've heard a new company is either buying out Equipe or building the items for them and soon to be available here.

Hopefully Lucky8 will do business with them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I sent an email a few weeks ago to Equipe after talking to Justin. This was my second communication with them -- the first went unanswered.

Over the weekend, Equipe got around to forwarding the email to Draken Off Road. Draken shot me an email this morning saying that they were currently out of stock due to the restructuring in Milan but could have one shipped from Italy.

I like this bumper and the company makes good equipment but I'm hesitant to reward any company with my business that has such poor communication (I'm talking about Equipe, not Draken). I realize that the U.S. market is probably tiny for them but . . .

Anyway, they can be had if you'll cover shipping from Italy.

I'm in no rush so I'll probably wait for Justin to get them back in stock and order one from him since he's earned my business several times over.
Old April 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucasd2002 View Post
What is this fascination with tube bumpers?
Feel the same as you do, i think tube bumpers doesn't fit
the defender look.
Just my 0.02, flame suit on
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Why don't someone fab a square version of the Equipe A-bar Winch bumper? It's a bad ass bumper and it would be even more bad ass if it was made from square extrusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD View Post
Feel the same as you do, i think tube bumpers doesn't fit
the defender look.
Just my 0.02, flame suit on
Old April 27th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucasd2002 View Post
What is this fascination with tube bumpers? Is this 1982?
Fixed.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bumper