Equipe 4x4 suspension suggestions - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 30th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Andy Radlgruber
'94 NAS D-90, 2.8 TGV
Equipe 4x4 suspension suggestions

I am looking seriously at the Equipe 4x4 stage 2 base kit and adding Bilstein 7100 shocks instead of their brand racing shock. I do not intend to race but will require articulation, a comfortable ride, and most of all quality. Wheeling for me is primarily trail rides on washed out Alberta forestry cutlines, see http://www.whiteknight.ca/Picture%20015killer.jpgfor some examples. I realize this is a bit extreme as these trucks are monster fabrication jobs but it gives you a good idea on what our trails can be like. I do have a Ramsey 9000 on the front and will be installing a Detroit Locker in the rear. I am running 285-75-16 TRXuS tires on stock rims. With the winch on the front does anyone have suggestions on what valving I should use on the shocks as I think the springs are the same rate for front and rear. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions