Engine Cooling Explaination
Can someone explain the mechanical process??
I've seen the diagrams in the shop manual but need some detail.
My understanding is the following (please edit or correct as needed):
1. Water pump pulls water from bottom of radiator AND the heater return feed
2. Water pump then pushes this water into the top radiator hose OR the engine itself
3. Water goes through engine and goes to heater matrix
4. Water returns to pump from heater matrix
My main questions are:
1. After the water pump does the water have a "choice" of going to the engine OR the radiator, ie is there a "Y-tube" that splits the water to BOTH?????
2. Is there a separate return for water from the engine or does ALL the engine water go to the heater matrix and back to the pump???
I already understand that when "cold" the water gets blocked from going to the radiator and returns to the pump via a bypass hose.