Engaging low ? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 15th, 2006, 07:48 AM
mlw911
Michael Walter
1995 D90 ST

Engaging low ?

I have a 95 d90 and I recently ran off road around the house for a little bit and noticed the transmission kept popping out of low to neutral. I literally had to hold it in place a bit. I any ideas on what would cause this. The tranny was recently out for the some work if that gives any clues. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2006, 09:07 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

sounds like the linkage on the transfer case needs to be loosened up, good chance it was rarely put in low, I would dry to put some silicone on it, if that doesnt work remove the linkage and free everything up and make sure it is working. a good techinique is to point the truck downhill (if you can find one in Wilmington) let the truck slightly roll as you manually push it in low, you should feel it drop in, most times after you do this several times it will loosen up.
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:41 AM
btate
Bryan Tate
d90

Can he just blame it on Joe?........kidding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2006, 10:14 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by btate
Can he just blame it on Joe?........kidding
in all seriousness he did some work on Ryan's transfercase and the linkage was messed up after that. So if Joe did the work we did have a bad experience with him and the linkage, it wasn't a big deal, its just that in low it was like you ran out of room before you could get it all the way in. It had to be readjusted, but it was visually different in the truck, when you got in you could tell it wasn't right.
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:16 AM
mlw911
Michael Walter
1995 D90 ST

btate - know what we're doing this weekend...
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:20 AM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

I cut a short piece of 1"x2" pine with a notch in one end for the T'case lever in my Series coiler to hold it in lo. Just stick it between the firewall and the lever, a very "Series" fix. Now if I just put a LRNA part number on it I can sell them for 80 bucks!
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:55 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNY
I cut a short piece of 1"x2" pine with a notch in one end for the T'case lever in my Series coiler to hold it in lo. Just stick it between the firewall and the lever, a very "Series" fix. Now if I just put a LRNA part number on it I can sell them for 80 bucks!

Hey NY cant you see this is a Wilmington NC thread just kidding you must of learned that trick from the VA boys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions