End Of My Rope !!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

How do you correect a bad ground? Just cleaning contact points?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2008, 02:23 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I've now learned that threads started by users who are conspicuously female get lots more view and responses that threads started by the rest of us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 16th, 2008, 02:27 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

I spoke with Christine and she has some things to check and hopefully she'll report back that the problem is solved.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 16th, 2008, 02:38 PM
floyd650
Alex Lapidus
1994 D90 ST #1716

Whatever you do, post the final diagnosis and solution.
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:02 PM
DucatiChick
Christine
1994 Defender90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
I spoke with Christine and she has some things to check and hopefully she'll report back that the problem is solved.
Mike..

I am on it...will have my friend ( also called Mike ) look it over this weekend .
I wrote down all the things you told me to get checked first and take it from there
If it doesn't fix the proplem and I haven't shot myself in the head ( j/k ) I will bug you ppl to death until it's fixed....LOL

Thank you, exspecialy too Mike @ ECR for the info

If it fixes the proplem, your next Vacation in Florida is on me !!!!!!!

Cheers Christine
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

I bet its coil related. Had the same sypmtoms and it was a bad wire to the coil.
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I've now learned that threads started by users who are conspicuously female get lots more view and responses that threads started by the rest of us.
So that's why my starting trouble thread dropped like a rock a week or two ago with nary a response!?

I should take the name DucatiPat... I have a Ducati, too, and Pat's ambiguous... or Jerry?

BTW Ducati chick, which 1000DS do you have? The SS, Monster, Multi, or...? Or did I miss which 1000DS model you've got?
Old January 16th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson00
So that's why my starting trouble thread dropped like a rock a week or two ago with nary a response!?
What was that? Did you guys hear something? Must have been the wind...
Old January 16th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Nice.

I'm the invisible poster of the D90 source? Cool.
Old January 16th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I'm changing my screen name to "Hot Defender Blonde with Big Boobs" so I can get faster help too!

Semper Fi!
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron
I bet its coil related. Had the same sypmtoms and it was a bad wire to the coil.

That only explains 1 issue (the on road shut down) but that doesn't cover the "turn the key and the engine won't crank" issue.
So either the truck has 2 issues (bad starter sel, bad starter relay or a wiring glitch and a coil wire issue)

or

the ignition switch is bad and or falling apart in the back like they do. The ignition switch is the only thing that explains both issues.... but that doesn't mean it doesn't have 2 problems.

My long distance guess:
Bad ignition switch
or
Bad EFI spark sensor wire connection and a bad starter sel. due to a previous starter install where they likely left the starter heat shield off.

we'll see...

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM
jabber
m j

What type of plug wires do you have? I put magnacore on my old 90 and she ran intermittently (engine would just die, couldn't start it right away, sometimes it just wouldn't start). I went out and bought a set of oem replacements and she ran fine.

Check your wires.

This was my second bad experience with magnacore. They just don't work for me.

Cheers,
Jabber
Old January 16th, 2008, 09:41 PM
DucatiChick
Christine
1994 Defender90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Rescue
I'm changing my screen name to "Hot Defender Blonde with Big Boobs" so I can get faster help too!
You boys are sad..very sad...looks like you don't get out much, huh...

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiChick
You boys are sad..very sad...looks like you don't get out much, huh...
Oh btw I am 5.4 and my " tits are small" just to get this shit out of the way!!!!!!.....now if you have any other
stupid fucking questions, just let me know...assholes........get a fucking life..
Old January 16th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

Wow... harsh.

Does that mean I remain invisible if I ask again about your Duc? I've got the same lump in my '04 Multistrada. Great motor, amazing bike (even with the funny looking face on it). I just found last week the finish on the 1000DS motor is peeling.
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:51 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Christine, they were joking around. No need to be like that around here. Everyone wants to help you out, it was just amusing to see so many responses and offers to help so quickly. 34 posts already! That's impressive.
We are a tight group around here, as you probably know from being a member here before. But, we are generally always polite to each other. Not trying to get onto you, just saying that they didn't mean anything by it. Now, please play nice.

97 D90 SW
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:51 PM
DucatiChick
Christine
1994 Defender90

Registry
Quote:
Wow... harsh.

Does that mean I remain invisible if I ask again about your Duc? I've got the same lump in my '04 Multistrada. Great motor, amazing bike (even with the funny looking face on it). I just found last week the finish on the 1000DS motor is peeling.
how long have you had your Duc...its not a monster...lol..I hope.
I love my 1000ds supersport...its wicked
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiChick
Oh btw I am 5.4 and my " tits are small" just to get this shit out of the way!!!!!!.....now if you have any other stupid fucking questions, just let me know...assholes........get a fucking life..
And if you have anymore retarded outbursts like that planned, you'll be going into a time out.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Was going to chime in and see what I could do to help, but I think the most likely suspects have been covered already. Sounds like you are intermittently losing power somehow, which leaves a very small number of possible culprits.

Could be something silly like a loose battery cable. Bad ignition switch, which happens from time to time. Is this your main vehicle and need it fixed fast? or a secondary truck and you have time to get it sorted out?

When you say it's "Dead" does that also mean headlights, wipers, radio and everything? Or just the engine won't turn?

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old January 17th, 2008, 07:18 AM
DucatiChick
Christine
1994 Defender90

Registry
Quote:

I should take the name DucatiPat... I have a Ducati, too, and Pat's ambiguous... or Jerry?

BTW Ducati chick, which 1000DS do you have? The SS, Monster, Multi, or...? Or did I miss which 1000DS model you've got?
Ducati 1000ds Sportbike

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
And if you have anymore retarded outbursts like that planned, you'll be going into a time out.
Sorry....had way to many magaritas last night, my apologies ...
will not happen again
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

DucChick,
Cool bike. I almost bought a Senna '02 or '03 Supersport (same as yours with the older/smaller motor)... I wish I had, as the Senna colors were abso-friggin-lutely gorgeous. My Multistrada's been around since late '04... only 12k on the clock but the problem is the thing's like crack - particularly the right grip. I get off the bike for a month or so in foul weather and think I should sell; then I ride it and there's no way I could sell -> unless I bought another Ducati.

The early 1000DS have known issues with valve guides and engine coating (factory applied powdercoat derivative). Those are primarily '03s and '04s.

Sorry for the hijack, but as I'm the invisible poster anyway... it shouldn't matter much.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions