Elite A/C hose P/Ns - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Cmikefly
Status: Offline
William Challancin
97 NAS D90
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 50
Elite A/C hose P/Ns

Hi
Has anyone replaced the A/C hoses on a 97 SW? I have all the Land Rover part numbers but 2 of the hoses are back ordered with no ETA. I have checked with Elite and they cant or wont cross reference a LR number. They have asked me to look for an aluminum tag with the elite part# on it. The problem is im in Tanzania for a few weeks and would like to get the hoses ordered before I return to the UAE.
Does anyone know the Elite P/Ns for a full set of A/C hoses for a 1997 NAS D90? Any help is appreciated.
William
__________________
William Challancin
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1997 NAS D90
2005 110 TD5
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:44 AM
ECR's Avatar
ECR
Status: Offline
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rockland, ME, USA
Posts: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmikefly View Post
Hi
Has anyone replaced the A/C hoses on a 97 SW? I have all the Land Rover part numbers but 2 of the hoses are back ordered with no ETA. I have checked with Elite and they cant or wont cross reference a LR number. They have asked me to look for an aluminum tag with the elite part# on it. The problem is im in Tanzania for a few weeks and would like to get the hoses ordered before I return to the UAE.
Does anyone know the Elite P/Ns for a full set of A/C hoses for a 1997 NAS D90? Any help is appreciated.
William
Sadly, a number of the 97 NAS/Japanese spec D90 AC hoses are now NLA. Land Rover has them on back order, but they come from Elite, and Elite has none left with no plans to remake them, so the back order will never be filled. I have the Elite/Rover cross over numbers so drop me an email and I'll check to see what hoses can be found for you, but do be aware you can not get all the hoses, just some of them.
We are the Elite authorized US dealer.
__________________
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:56 AM
o2batsea's Avatar
o2batsea
Status: Offline
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: kensington md
Posts: 6,503
Registry
AC hoses are just AC hoses. Nothing magic there. They can even be replaced with hard lines, as long as there is a segment of rubber somewhere in the run that will absorb vibration. Usually they are made of aluminum tube, but I think steel will work as well as copper or even cupro nickel (monel). The fittings are usually standard 37 degree flare.
If you absolutely have no other choice, order the braided hose and AC fittings from Jeg's and make up your own. they have metric as well.
I can't believe that in the UAE there aren't any AC repair people who can make the hoses up to fit. That's what they did for the original fitment.
__________________
Bill Adams

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:36 AM
ECR's Avatar
ECR
Status: Offline
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rockland, ME, USA
Posts: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
AC hoses are just AC hoses. Nothing magic there. They can even be replaced with hard lines, as long as there is a segment of rubber somewhere in the run that will absorb vibration. Usually they are made of aluminum tube, but I think steel will work as well as copper or even cupro nickel (monel). The fittings are usually standard 37 degree flare.
If you absolutely have no other choice, order the braided hose and AC fittings from Jeg's and make up your own. they have metric as well.
I can't believe that in the UAE there aren't any AC repair people who can make the hoses up to fit. That's what they did for the original fitment.
Well, yes and no.
In early systems like the NAS 110 has it is all just #8 and #10 fittings and you can make this that or the other thing, as that system was made in the USA by Wynns (way back when).
However, in the later systems the fittings on the compressor are unique and have specific bends to clear the engine, and are not the easy to source #8 and #10 style fittings, etc. There are certainly ways to remove the old rubber portion of the hose and put new rubber on if need be, but don't think this is as easy as going to NAPA and having it done on a '97 D90. The hose used is a metric ID and nothing from standard US sources will crimp onto it correctly (ask me how I know that... ). Doable, yes. Easy... not really on the 97s.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09658.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	24738  
__________________
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:51 AM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
I blew an AC line in my 110 that was NLA. Crazy how when it blew the cloud of smoke caused by the freon leaking out. The Rover shop I took it to made me a new. I think they sent the line out to a shop who does that crap.
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:01 AM
ECR's Avatar
ECR
Status: Offline
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rockland, ME, USA
Posts: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I blew an AC line in my 110 that was NLA. Crazy how when it blew the cloud of smoke caused by the freon leaking out. The Rover shop I took it to made me a new. I think they sent the line out to a shop who does that crap.
Yup, the 110 ones are much easier. We repair those in house as well.
We stock all the NAS 110 AC lines in case you ever need one that can't be repaired.

The smoke is from the oil in the system (an AC system has both gas and oil in it). It makes a huge mess.
__________________
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:15 AM
GYM's Avatar
GYM
Status: Offline
Gary
97 SW
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Sadly, a number of the 97 NAS/Japanese spec D90 AC hoses are now NLA. Land Rover has them on back order, but they come from Elite, and Elite has none left with no plans to remake them, so the back order will never be filled. I have the Elite/Rover cross over numbers so drop me an email and I'll check to see what hoses can be found for you, but do be aware you can not get all the hoses, just some of them.
We are the Elite authorized US dealer.
Well that is not good news. If the numbers made sense is that something you could fabricate? Not having AC would not be fun - and I can't see going the whole hot rod Vintage Air route...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:24 AM
ECR's Avatar
ECR
Status: Offline
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rockland, ME, USA
Posts: 4,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
Well that is not good news. If the numbers made sense is that something you could fabricate? Not having AC would not be fun - and I can't see going the whole hot rod Vintage Air route...
We (and other places I'm sure) will be able to rebuild your current hoses with new rubber sections if needed, so wouldn't worry too much.
If you damage the alloy ends that would be a problem if they could not be easily repaired.

The costs to get new runs of the hoses made is far too much, no one would pay it, but yes, we do have all the templates and can have new hoses made down the line if demand is there.

These systems are 13 years old now and they won't see parts support any longer (I don't agree with that but it isn't my call to make). I bought out everything Elite had for NAS 90 hoses/part and sadly, it wasn't very much.
__________________
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Cmikefly
Status: Offline
William Challancin
97 NAS D90
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 50
Mike,
Email sent. thank you
__________________
William Challancin
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1997 NAS D90
2005 110 TD5
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A/C wiring in 95 jcasteel Defender Technical Discussions 1 August 14th, 2005 06:53 PM
NAS 110 A/C questions rcork Defender Technical Discussions 13 July 19th, 2005 01:16 PM
air intake hose?? / source for cheap switches NASD90 Defender Technical Discussions 15 July 6th, 2005 02:40 PM
97 low pressure A/C hose source dnewman9 Defender Technical Discussions 1 June 15th, 2004 01:39 AM
a/c drain Campbell Defender Technical Discussions 3 May 26th, 2004 12:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Copyright