Electronic Speedometer - Get rid of needle wobble for ever - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 7th, 2014, 11:23 AM
richord
Richard Ordowich
1987/D90

Registry
Electronic Speedometer - Get rid of needle wobble for ever

I installed the VDO electronic speedometer and connected it to the VDO GPS receiver. So far it has been working great with no more needle wobble.

I connected the GPS to be powered on constantly even with the ignition off so that it does not have to search for the satellites but I discovered that sometimes it goes into permanent search mode and does not lock on. I installed a dashboard switch that I can use to reset the GPS if it goes into this mode.

It occasionally looses the GPS signal when under dense trees but it recovers quickly.

I removed the speedometer cable and used the fire wall hole to run the hose for a turbo boost gauge for entertainment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
speedo