electrical issue - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 26th, 2008, 07:13 PM
phunter
phunter
1993 NAS 110

electrical issue

lost power to radio and blower fan switch/a/c at same time while going down the road. all of a sudden no more radio or air. any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Fuse?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
phunter
phunter
1993 NAS 110

all fuses okay in the cabin. I could not remove the 60 amp fuse under the hood. any tricks as to check them? pulling straight out did not seem to get me anywhere. any idea which fuse could possiby explain my problems. all help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 26th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I usually use a big pair of needle nosed pliers on those fuses under the hood. They can get pretty stuck in there over time unfortunately.

I don't have my diagrams here unfortunately, won't be able to check them for a bit (my truck is a mess with its own electrical issues that I'm working on).

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:13 AM
durangorover
Chris Wherry
1995 D-90

This is along the same lines.. my interior light and cigarette lighter don't work and I've checked all fuses and they all seem to be fine??? Any thoughts.
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:50 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Did you take a testlight-probe while the key was on and touch each of the little silver spots on the top of the fuse to see if power is going through the fuse while it is in its holder?

If that is o.k. you might want to check if you have any corrosion on the contact face for the fuse. Running a thin cardboard nail file up and down might take some of the immediate corrosion off.

Might be off topic but on my 94 the first owner wrote in the vehicle book always to turn on the blower motor and then the AC climate control or else you end up popping the 25 amp fuse.

If your interior light and cigarette lighter are not working what about your hazard switch too?
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
durangorover
Chris Wherry
1995 D-90

Hazard switch works fine. ????
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangorover
This is along the same lines.. my interior light and cigarette lighter don't work and I've checked all fuses and they all seem to be fine??? Any thoughts.
Long shot...
I removed a burnt out license plate light bulb once to bring to the store as a reference and lost my dash lights, left side markers and remaining lic plate bulb in the process. Replaced the burnt out bulb and everything on that circuit came back on.
Old November 1st, 2008, 08:52 PM
phunter
phunter
1993 NAS 110

still with electrical issues -- now the factory radio will start beeping about 1 hour after you park. The radio otherwise acts as if it has no power. Remember the radio and vent blower fan both died simultaneously last week.
Is the dealer helpful for these issues? As you can tell I am a new frustrated defender owner. My town does not have any independent rover shops. Any words of wisdom ? All suggestions are appreciated

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
electrical