EGR removal kit Fail - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old August 8th, 2013, 07:33 PM
1999 Defender TD5
EGR removal kit Fail

Hello im new to this forum and thought i would share my frustrating day with you as my intro.
Well my EGR blank kit for my Defender TD5 arrived 2 days ago so i set about spraying penetrating oil on the appropriate bolts and continued for the two days, today i set about installing the kit and the inevitable happened, both bolts snapped flush with the manifold even with applying ample heat to areas and only using a small allen key as to not apply to much pressure. The rest of the day was spent trying to get the manifold off with the same problems occurring so i've admitted defeat and getting her towed to Strathearn engineering tomorrow.....

Old August 8th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Chuck Morrow
97/Defender 90 # 378
Ouch. Wheaties this morning? Been there, feel your pain.

Old August 8th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Just dealt with the same thing..sucked! Do yourself a favor and get a de webbed heat treated manifold while yours is off and longer studs (pm me for details). They commonly warp snapping studs like mine so I took the time to replace it all including turbo oil line gaskets while its off.
Defender 110

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions