ECU location on 95 D90? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
instantbenjamin
Benjamin White
95 NAS Defender 90 #2925

ECU location on 95 D90?

Just got my D90 and my first problem

My check engine light is on in my D90 and need to get it off to pass inspection. I've read all the threads about resetting it, but I can't figure out from any of them ...

WHERE IS THE ECU LOCATED AND HOW DO I UNPLUG IT TO RESET IT?

I did get the passenger seat off and found the diagnostic display reading fault code "44" which I read is Lambda sensor A - left bank.

The next prescribed step is to reset the ECU and see if the error code is a "fluke" etc ... but for life of me can't figure it out?

Related note, is there a go to D90 workshop manual that you guys recommend so I have a reference on locations of all the uniquely Land Rover parts?

Thanks,
Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Under the passenger seat

Follow-up Post:

Disconnect the battery wait 30 seconds then reconnect, that will reset the codes. the battery is under the drivers. Congrats on the truck
Old July 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
instantbenjamin
Benjamin White
95 NAS Defender 90 #2925

ECU location?

Thanks for your help.

I attached a snap of my under passenger seat setup ... looks like may be some hackery in there?

Is the ECU the large black square in the bottom of the pic?

Now that I look closer it does look like it has a large connector (about 3") of some sort attached to the black box underneath the new aluminum duct work in there (what is that btw?) ...

Do I need to disconnect that large black connector? There is some sort of tabs holding it in place. I tried the logical pinches and twists, but not sure how the tabs work. Any advice?

Thanks,
Ben

Follow-up Post:

Success! I reset the ECU and check engine light is off. Now on to the inspection!

So, that was the ECU and connector under passenger seat. Thanks you.

It's a very nondescript black box and in my case connector was hidden by the duct work.

I attached a photo and labelled it for future reference so people with the same problem can see what's what.

Thanks again

Ben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ecu.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	20610   Click image for larger version

Name:	ecu2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	20611  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Bozman
Greg
1991 200tdi D90

Registry
Ben,

It looks like you have some sort of heater for the back seats in there. That is not a standard piece and I would guess there is a switch somewhere that controls it.

I have a workshop manual that you can have, shoot me a PM if you want it.

Greg
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:25 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

That is the genuine aux. heater.

Next time just unplug the battery and wait a while. Same effect as unplugging the ECU.

Ron

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 95, d90, ecu