dynaliner on exterior side of wheel well - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 17th, 2013, 12:30 PM
sro
Sam Odio
2008 LR2

Registry
dynaliner on exterior side of wheel well

I'm thinking of putting dynaliner on the exterior side of the wheel well and possible elsewhere under my d-90. Don't want it on the inside because I don't want to have to put a rubber mat (or similar) over it.

Has anyone done this before? Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Are you talking about Dynamat? Or a spray liner? I had luck with both, it is all in the prep work! I like to dynamat first them spray bed liner over it. Wether it is commercial grade like lineX or rhino liner or DIY like monsta liner or equivalent. I would only use a two stage DIY if you do it your self. Also I would heat the Dynamat to make less wrinkles so it is harder to tell that you used it! Especially this time of year. The two pics are from my bulkhead. You can do this to anything, I also did it to the bottom of my truck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2640891297.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	565.1 KB
ID:	68307   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3249613423.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	480.4 KB
ID:	68308  

Old March 17th, 2013, 04:22 PM
sro
Sam Odio
2008 LR2

Registry
I was thinking of this stuff: http://www.dynamat.com/products_auto...dynaliner.html

"Dynaliner isn’t affected by oil and does not absorb water. Dynaliner provides acoustic isolation and excellent thermal insulation for roof, firewall, floor, quarter panels, doors and even as a hoodliner."

I have some Herculiner. You think I could use dynamat xtreme beneath the vehicle and put Herculiner over it? I assumed you couldn't really paint the stuff (but I haven't seen it before so I don't know really what it's like)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

I haven't personally used dyna liner, but if it is was I think it is, you cannot spray a liner over it bc it is a foam product. The best results I have had is with dynamat, and spray liner! It dampens sound and vibrations. I am not a fan of herculiner, even with proper prep it has a tendency of chipping. If you do it use a two stage with a base and catalyst, this is a stronger product and if installed properly won't chip!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
wheel