Dual Shock Problems..help /pictures needed - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old January 14th, 2007, 01:19 PM
sajidd
Sajid Dadabhoy

Dual Shock Problems..help /pictures needed

Put on pair of rancho 99157/59 shocks as second shocks on my 110 using custom mounts.
No problem in the back..however in the front, the tyre touches the shocks when turning.

I dont think there is enough space in the front for the second pair and I may have take them off.
However on the net I have seen pictures twin shocks in the front as well. So I know it can be done.

One possible soultion is to put spaces on the tyres and move them out. I dont want to do that.

I will post pictrures tomorrow. IN the meantime I welcome any suggesstions / help / pictures / illustrations.

Pls help!

Take care

Sajidd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Spacers is one solution. Two different dual shock setups I have used had the outside upper shock mount medial from the OEM mount. So the shock was inboard from the OEM mount and further from the tire. You didn't say whose dual shock setup you were using. You can also use the front shock mount from an airbagged rover - bolts up easily, but cutting is required on the inner wheel well.
Old January 15th, 2007, 06:37 AM
sajidd
Sajid Dadabhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier
Spacers is one solution. Two different dual shock setups I have used had the outside upper shock mount medial from the OEM mount. So the shock was inboard from the OEM mount and further from the tire. You didn't say whose dual shock setup you were using. You can also use the front shock mount from an airbagged rover - bolts up easily, but cutting is required on the inner wheel well.
Hi Hoosier, can you email me pictures of your set up? i will post pictures of mine later today or tomorrow so that you know the kind of set up i have on my 110. The mouns were made here locally in Pakistan sot they are not from any particular brand. The outside shocks aer mounted about 2 inch lower than the front shocks because the extended lenght of the outside (rancho shocks) are different than inside (old man emu) shocks.

thanks for responding.

Sajidd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidd
IN the meantime I welcome any suggesstions / help / pictures / illustrations.
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/93phase3.html

Don't know if it helps you, but there you go.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old January 15th, 2007, 03:57 PM
sajidd
Sajid Dadabhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
http://www.eastcoastrover.com/93phase3.html

Don't know if it helps you, but there you go.
Every bit of info helps..Thanks ECR. Did you guys fit wheel spacers to make room for the outside the spring shock? Seems like i may just have to go that route..

Look forward to more solutions...

Thanks

Sajid
Old January 15th, 2007, 04:51 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

No spacers, no turning radius issues, but then again the NAS 110s run the D130 steel wheel that has a wider offset than most rest of world Defenders.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Sajidd- One of my dual shock mounts was from Westfield 4X4 (who I don't think do land rover anymore) and the other was MJ Lee (who still makes the dual front shock mounts). Both companies are UK. I got your email and when it thaws out a bit, I will send some photos.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
problems