Dual battery - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old December 29th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Jake K.
95 D90 SW
Before you get carried away with all this duel battery/luna stuff I would check and see if there is a drain in the original system. All your add-on stuff maybe working fine but that doesn't mean POOP if you got a short/drain in the system. Load test the batteries by them selves and them check the out put of the alternator. If you don't find any drains/shorts in the rest of the system. You might even have a glow-plug staying lit with the car off. Just a thought before you scream "the sky is falling" on all your new electrical stuff.

Old December 29th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110
I bought a 10 farad capacitor from the stereo shop and it has a digital readout that tells you how much voltage your getting off the battery. For example on my series III, I noticed more voltage comming off the battery after I replaced the main charging cable from the alternator, so the capacitor readout is very handy actually and most start at around 15-20 bucks if you buy the cheap ones. They work for that purpose and its also good to have one for your stereo amplifier.

A guy told me one time "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat from around the corner"

Robert Deniro
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor
Just curious if anyone has had any issues with matching two batteries of the same brand/model/age but different group sizes? I am thinking of pairing a group 31 and group 34 Die Hard Platinum batteries but know that they have dissimilar specs (CCA, reserve, etc...)

I will be running with a smart solenoid system similar to the Luna
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:43 PM
john sabra
'94 Defender 90
i just installed the luna split system this weekend, and my impression from reading up is that the batts do not need to be matched. if they're unmatched you should use the higher CCA batt as your "main", and the lesser as your "aux".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions