Dual Battery - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 12th, 2010, 10:32 AM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Great job documenting Chris! Looks good now. I have a Blue Sea terminal in mine as well, but I think I need a larger one for all my gadgets.

Where did you get the maxi-fuse terminal?
I got the MAXI Fuse from Defender.com (LOL). I also bought the terminal from them as well, along with all of the cabling and lugs.

For the cable, I used Ancor marine grade cable, 2AWG for the winch and 4AWG for the terminal. The Ancor stuff is expensive but worth it. Each strand within the cable is solder-coated for corrosion resistance. I also noticed that the Ancor cable was more flexible than the stuff from NAPA. The Ancor lugs are also tin-coated.

I learned how to solder battery terminal lugs by watching this video:

Old July 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor
Not to speak for Chris but I believe you can pick up a maxi-fuse terminal at a lot of auto parts stores (I have seen them at my local Pep Boys). I don't have any photos handy but will post a few after I take them but I went with circuit breakers in lieu of fuses.

Something like these...I believe they are available in a variety of amperages ranging from 50 up to 300 amps. I currently have a 100 amp breaker on my house battery and a 50 amp on the accessory battery.

Old July 12th, 2010, 10:47 AM
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE
I was going to install mine on SHrek ..but ..

Anyhow, Marine Circuit Breakers is a great way to go, and while there add a Fuse Block so all your peripherals are neatly mounted to the block .

You can also have the block fused ( individually or get a straight connecting block and fuse the entire block )

1988 110 Tdi
1987 110 2.5 N/A
2006 D3 HSE7

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions