Defender Source Forum banner

Dropping gas tank on 110 again, fuel pump does not prime

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  D90user 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I have to drop the tank again because I can't hear the pump prime, it was about 5-6 years ago when I put in a genuine pump with sender. I checked the leads with a voltmeter and its getting power for the prime (goes on then off in about a second or 2). After turning the key to the second position, cannot hear no prime and even with the gas cap off, can't hear a thing. Keith from BP says its probably due to the fact that I didn't drive it enough and the motor just got varnished up from old gas. Well I bought a new genuine pump and I guess I'll figure it out soon enough. Any other pointers or guesses as to why the pump stop working?

Neil

#3 · (Edited)
evilfij said:
Could be a bad ignition module or pick up on the distributor. Do you get spark?
Yep thats the first thing I checked, shocked the **** out of me when the rubber handles didn't insulate enough though hehe Rebiult the whole distributor with new parts like 5 years ago.

#5 ·
D90user said:
Is the 110 tank the same as a RRC? What year? Did it come in plastic?

sorry to hijack :)
Don't know about the RRC tank but on the NAS110 its steel with a cool drain plug (unlike on my 94 90) :angry

#7 ·
I would just remove the tank, wash it out with water, plug the ends and fill it with water like halfway so it can be welded. Course you'd have to make sure its completely dry before reinstalling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.