Defender Source Forum banner

Driver Seat Modifications?

Tags
mod
830 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sixthflick 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm in the process of buying a beautiful 1-owner Bonatti Grey 2004 Disco SE with only ~29k on the odometer.

Here's the bummer: I'm 6'-5" and my eyes sit level with the joint between the windshield and headliner at the lowest seat setting, so driving down the road requires that I stare at the headliner and every time I'm at a red light I've got to keep leaning over to watch for the green.

Anyone ever hear of modifying the driver seat framing or completely removing the power to the seat in order to lower the seat height???

(Cutting my legs off below the knee won't work, I've already thought of that).

#2 ·
sixthflick said:
I'm in the process of buying a beautiful 1-owner Bonatti Grey 2004 Disco SE with only ~29k on the odometer.

Here's the bummer: I'm 6'-5" and my eyes sit level with the joint between the windshield and headliner at the lowest seat setting, so driving down the road requires that I stare at the headliner and every time I'm at a red light I've got to keep leaning over to watch for the green.

Anyone ever hear of modifying the driver seat framing or completely removing the power to the seat in order to lower the seat height???

(Cutting my legs off below the knee won't work, I've already thought of that).
I did my seat extension on my DII ( based on a write up from Dweb ) with little modification, if I had the seat all the way back, I could hardly reach the foot rest.

I am 6'4 and never had that much of a problem with the traffic signal ( unless I was directly under it ).

2 pieces of metal 9" L x 1" wide and probably 2 hours ( when you take in consideration, the bitching when you mess your fingers, the beer to make you forget the fingers *LOL* )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.