dragging brakes lr90 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 5th, 2014, 09:27 AM
wayne p
1985 d90 2.5NA
dragging brakes lr90

'85 lr90 2.5NA

Experiences? Hints? Before I start disassembling things.

I replaced the brake m/c (TRW), servo and stop light switch, the m/c was a bit soft and the servo was a case of 'while I have the tower off'. The pressure bleed went fine but the brakes are dragging a bit, getting worse after a few miles leading to that familiar smell and feel. The pedal seems to grab higher and is more touchy than before. The brakes get hot, but not blistering and smoking as I've seen, but I have not driven her more that a few town miles at a time since the work.

I am leaning towards the servo push rod being set a bit long holding some brake pressure, but if that is the case, how would the bleed have worked? Or the new switch installed too far holding the pedal slightly off the stop as I noticed that after a point the switch went in further but the stop light switch-on point remain unchanged. I backed it off two turns, but have not driven it yet.

Thank you.
'85 90 2.5NA
'72 SIII 88"
..tolerant Wife...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

90, brake