Double "S" Stainless Steel Exhaust System - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 20th, 2004, 05:29 PM
edducati
Ed
95 D90

Double "S" Stainless Steel Exhaust System

I am looking for a US distributor, or a UK distributor that will ship to the US. These exhaust system are awesome and much better than the Borla cat back system. Double "S" makes their systems that are full tube headers, all the way back with mufflers and tip in the stock location. But I have not found a way to get it here in the US.

Any info would be appreciated.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2004, 06:22 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

I just checked their website and it says:

http://www.stainlesssteelexhausts.co.uk/

"...We are represented in the USA, Canada, Japan, Scandinavia and throughout Western Europe - making us a truly international company..."

So, I'm sure with some 'google' searching & a couple of calls you could find it...

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 20th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Personally, I would not want the tip in the stock location. I am having to replace my exhaust soon--just general rusting, and am going to modify the exit point. Probably up in the rear quarter panel. I hit the exhaust more than just about anything else on the truck. Someone should come up with an aftermarket high clearance option.....anyone? anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 20th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

The Borla is tucked up and away much more than stock. Check out EE for photos on John's truck. It is loud though.

Ed,

Have you checked out RPIV8.com? They might be able to get the full SS and have a whole lot of other goodies on the site as well.

EwS
Old July 20th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

rpi=$$$$$$$
Old July 20th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Yeah, but so was the NRP I threw in. Before reading about the Flowmaster custom local muffler shop route.....

Oh well Hind sight....

EwS
Old July 21st, 2004, 08:40 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Ed,

Or maybe not...

This is the response I got back after I emailed them yesterday through their 'inquiry' form online:

Dear Nicholas
Thankyou for your e-mail.
Unfortunately we can not help you with this system and we do not have any distributors in the United States.

Regards
Rachel

------

Hope this helps.

I doubt you'd have trouble finding someone in the UK to ship them over... keep on a lookin'

Cheers,

Nicholas Orros

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 21st, 2004, 09:01 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
call roversnorth I think I have seen the double S advertised there.

Follow-up Post:

or atlantic british
Old July 22nd, 2004, 03:01 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

found...

Ed,

I found that the 'Double S' Stainless Steel Exhaust Manufacturer has a base in Victoria, British Columbia which is a distributor solely for the U.S & Canada. They said that having a base there bypasses Import Duties & massive freight charges from the U.K.

The owner's name is Malcolm and his phone number is 1-888-368-2537.
Out of boredom and just because I'm a D90 freak, I called him and asked him if he had exhaust prices for a 95 D90 with the 3.9 ... he didn't off-hand but said he would check and if called tomorrow would have everything needed.

I'm not going to call him back, but if you want to tomorrow, he'll ship to the U.S. no problem... Shouldn't be too much because he's right 'above' you in California.

Hope this helps.

Nicholas

Old July 22nd, 2004, 03:25 PM
edducati
Ed
95 D90

Smile Double "S" Exhaust

Wow Nicholas, Thanks!!!

I have been checking everywhere, and no one in the UK seams to be able to ship these.

I will call him,

Take care,

Ed

Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:44 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Ed,

Not a problem, I'm glad to be of help. I get a great deal of help on this website (which happens to be my favorite website) so I'm glad to return a volley once in a while.

Two things...

One, I asked Malcolm if he could get 'anything' that Double S manufactures and he said 'yes', because in fact they are 'Double S' and not 'just' a distributor.

Two, I noticed on their actual website (listed in my first post) when you browse their catalogue for Land Rover replacement exhausts it only lists the 3.5L Petrol v8 for the D90 ... (they did have a 3.9L Petrol v8 listing for a RR though)...

I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,

Nicholas

Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:43 AM
KeithD
Keith Duckett
90 V8 Import

Registry
I have one of their headers/exhausts on my 3.5 V8 90 - I remember the price in Uk being pretty reasonable. Seems to be lasting well. I had to reroute the end a bit a while back to get around the extra fuel tank at the back. Remember UK spec 90s until recently I think had the fuel tank under the seat not at the back, UK spec after market exhausts may not fit right. Something to check. Another factor is how close the headers get to the starter motor bits. I am on my third one, though has been replaved under warranty. I was advised heat build up from the headers may have been a cause of premature failure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
exhaust