door trim question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 1st, 2010, 10:21 PM
rockstardave
Dave Dulansey
1995 D-90

door trim question

Hey Mates,

What goes on the top of the door when you remove the window frame? Does someone sell a trim piece that makes it look good?

Thx,

D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:00 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Nothing. What doesn't look good with yours? It's just a piece of capping that is painted the body color. Should have two holes for the door top studs but other than that just look like the rest of the rear tub edges.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:10 AM
rockstardave
Dave Dulansey
1995 D-90

that's exactly what i got. i was more curious than anything. there's some residue left behind from the seal but probably just some soap and water will clean it up fine.

lemme tell ya taking off the door tops was no fun. after a ton of hammer and wood block persuasion on the bolts, only to get them flush with the bottoms of the holes, i had to resort to using composite (like Trex decking) shims to finish popping the tops off!! worked like a charm but man that was scary. i don't believe they had ever been removed in the entire life of the truck. everything looks OK as far as metal still being straight and paint - i am definitely lucky on that one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door