Door top seals - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 29th, 2007, 05:12 PM
JBfoot
Joe Barefoot
'94 D90, '07 D110, '08 LR2, '09 D90

Door top seals

Hi...
I have recently aquired a '94 D90 after losing my beloved '93 NAS 110 in a hurricane in the Carribbean. Anyhow, the soft top is new to me. I purchased the rubber seals that go around the door tops, 6 total, three for each door top. They have several pre-perforations along the flat side. I was told that there were glued and riveted in place, but the underside of the rivet looks like it will end up ih the channel where the window slides. Has anyone installed these kind of seals (not the around the door frame SW seals....these actually stay on the door top proper)? Any advice is appreciated.
Regards,
Joe Barefoot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 29th, 2007, 06:15 PM
javelinadave
-
-

If you are describing what I think you put them in place and the studs that go into the door hold them there. No glue is needed. Think sandwich, the rubber gasket is the meat and the door and window frame are the bread.
Great, now I am hungry.
Old August 30th, 2007, 10:19 PM
JBfoot
Joe Barefoot

apples/oranges?

Hi Dave..
I'm thinking we may be on different pages. What I'm trying to describe are the doortops on a D90 soft top. The ones you can put on with quickbolts and take off as desired. The seals that I ordered are three per door...one for the top, one for the front edge, and one for the back edge. I think you are talking about the window cahnnel...right? I'm speaking of the very outside or perimeter of the door. The bottom has a thin rubber gasket that gets sqished to the door when the quick bolts are tightened. That leaves the ohter three sides...clear as mud? Thanks for you input. Wish I could find a picture to help guide me.
Joe Barefoot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 30th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBfoot
Hi...
...after losing my beloved '93 NAS 110 in a hurricane in the Carribbean. ..
What? I want to hear more abou this! Which one was it (what #)? How did it happen? How "gone" is it?

You need to email the LRFAQ guys and have them update the vin registry if it's "really" gone.

If it isn't salvageable then we're down to 499!
Old August 30th, 2007, 10:47 PM
JBfoot
Joe Barefoot

ECR restored!

#113/500. I had it shipped back to the States, ECR in Miane, thinking I would get it restored myself. A little over my budget as I just lost a few things in Hurricane IVAN, a direct hit Cat 5 on Cayman. Anyhow, I sold it ''totaled" and last I heard it was fully restored back to stock and now back out West somewhere...close to where I got it. So, all is well with that vehicle...and I did see it in a database with the note that "this one was in the Caymans". Any ideas about the window seals? And thanks for asking...felt like I lost an old friend!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
door, seals